Britax Chaperone Over recline issue (CAN)

bbartlettnfld

Anyone have this issue? We had one come into our clinic today that was over reclined when installed in the vehicle, over reclined when the base was set on the floor as well.

Is the seat naturally laying down in the base. It was like a bed.

Dad is going to call Britax on Monday to see what the issue is. Has anyone else encountered this.

BethAnn

ADS

canadiangie

Yes, I've seen it once.

I had to pull the bottom of the base just the *tiniest little bit* away from the seat crease and push down on the base where baby's feet would be. I was not too worried about having to do this because the ARB kept everything extremely stable. So whereas normally I try to push the base as far onto the vehicle seat as possible, this was a case of me having to find a balance between the 80% rule, and situating things just right to accommodate the rule about not exceeding 45* (ie: what the angle indicator showed to be exceeding 45* since I truly believe these angle indicators are not a perfect science).

I've never seen one over reclined while sitting on the floor, though. That seems very odd. You're sure you had the recline foot dialed all the way up?

bbartlettnfld

The foot was all the way up ( not in use)

We tried pulling the base out of the seat bight and reinstalling it but there was no change.

Once we had the seat out on the floor we picked up the back of the base (opposite end to the ARB) and tilted (towards the ARB) and we had the whole seat tilted up about 45 degrees before the bubble registered as being in the correct place. Bubble also registered as over reclined when the bucket itself was places on the ground. with the handle up, which should have been level.

Hope dad gets some resolution.

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
I had this problem today in a 2007 Rav 4. Couldn't get it upright enough in the center position...but it did work well in the outboard.

bbartlettnfld

Our problem was with the outboard seat, we couldn't use the middle as there was a FF toddler drivers side outboard and not enough space in the middle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC