britax b-agile

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Is the seat on this stroller tall? I need a stroller for my very tall 4 yr old. She is 44 inches tall. Also, if anybody has pictures of a tall child in it, please share. Or if there's a better option out there, let me know. I would like to stay under $200.

ADS

Cryssy Jane

she probably wouldn't have much room. A is 40 inches tall and only had a few inches left. I can see if I can take a picture with S in it later, he's 44 inches tall at 4.5

mamajava

Senior Community Member
That would be great, thanks! With her leg and knee disorder, she can't walk long distances, so we need something. And i would like a canopy and basket on it.

Cryssy Jane

Here's what I have on my phone right now. A is 39.5 lbs and 40 inches tall at almost 3.

Red is the b agile. Black and grey is the city mini (double)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

DMS721

My 3 year old is tall in the torso. We have a B Agile, but he doesn't have a whole lot of room left. I may get a Ity Mini, as I believe that is a couple inches taller.

Dawn

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Off to look at the valco. I really wish we had something other than target and Walmart here to try her in a few strollers.

duckmama

The city elite goes to 75lbs, the city mini is only 50. Most of the maclarens also go to a higher weight limit and can take a larger child. I often look at the baby gizmo reviews of strollers on you tube because they have a bigger child they put in them, she is around 5 or 6 and they give you her weight when they do a video. Keep checking albee baby for last year's models they do get clearanced for around $200.

The quinny zapp has also been suggested as a good one for bigger kids, but I can't confirm the seat height.

I've got a 4 year old with autism who is a runner so we've looked at a lot of strollers for big kids and have asked around.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Miley is a runner too. If she wasn't, I don't think I would worry about buying a new stroller. I was off on her height by 2 inches, so either the Dr office screwed up or she shrunk lol. She is 42 inches with a 15 butt to shoulder torso height.

Celeste

A BJCM GT has great height, and the elite has height and weight going for it...I would shy away from the Britain ones, they seem small...Maclarens steer pretty well even wi a larger child (I had my 58lb DS (almost 6 but 49inches tall) in our quest last week and it's great as long as he keeps his feet up on the footrest....

duckmama

Miley is a runner too. If she wasn't, I don't think I would worry about buying a new stroller. I was off on her height by 2 inches, so either the Dr office screwed up or she shrunk lol. She is 42 inches with a 15 butt to shoulder torso height.

Ok, she is the same height as my DD just a little heavier. She will fit in the BJ citi mini and elite very well and have some time to get bigger, these can be found for $199 or less at albee in the 2011 colors. I have had a lot of luck with my maclaren because it is so light but we walk so much that the maclaren is not working for us based on the wheels, height and weight wise she has another year.

The quinny zapp xtra comes in around $219 it is 24 inches from seat to top of canopy.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6dvu29L710"]Baby Gizmo Quinny Zapp Xtra Stroller Review - YouTube[/ame] I rejected it because of the lack of foot rest.

I have not tried the zooper twist but it was also recommended to me based on height.

I just got the britax b ready because of the stroller seat height and my having a second child. I have a super small trunk so some of these would not fit in my trunk, but the larger ones typically do have removable wheels if that is an issue. All of the strollers I've mentioned were suggested by other parents of larger kids with some form of special need.

Since your child has a medical issue, have you contacted your insurance to see if they might chip in to pay for part of it? Mine would if I got one like the special tomato but they are not cheap and they would only pay for part of it.

http://www.especialneeds.com/specia...=special tomatoes&utm_campaign=special-tomato

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I don't know if they would pay for any of it. Dh is going to be pissed that I am looking to buy another stroller but we need it.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Insurance won't cover any of it because they said its for more of a convince. So we are back to square one on that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC