Question Boulevard G3 or Recaro or Pavillion?

Mangosink

Hi, I have always used Britax Boulevards and loved them, but my seat has just expired. I went to look at the new G-3 models and am wondering how big of a pain the new harness system will be. I also looked at Recaro, but I know nothing about that brand/seat. Recommendations? DD is 2 yrs 3 months and petite.

Thank you.

ADS

creideamh

For RF or FF?
The only thing on the harness that changed is the HUGS, and I don't find them a pain at all FF (I keep them off for RF, as it's optional.)
I would not buy a Recaro for RF, personally, due to the lack of legroom and high base.

MommyShannon

I really like the new belly pad that keeps the buckle forward. Just FYI, the Blvd 70 and 70G3 are a little shorter shell than the 35lb rf ones.

maramarrie

I really like the new belly pad that keeps the buckle forward. Just FYI, the Blvd 70 and 70G3 are a little shorter shell than the 35lb rf ones.

This. The new HUGS pads take a little adjustment (or you can remove them for RF). I just fiddled with them and learned the best way to buckle and slide them into position. It took me about a week to get used to them, but it seems natural now and not a big deal. I didn't end up taking them off (though in that first week I was tempted). The harness is very easy to adjust. It is as simple as other Britax convertibles (and MUCH easier than my Marathon Classic...it has "issues.")

Mangosink

FF. The hugs are the things I wondered if I would like. Ive read many reviews saying they were a pain. When i tested them out, it seemed ok, not as easy as old style, but doable. I loved my old boulevard, and hate my frontier because of installation issues, just wanting to make sure I make a good decision. Also, I know nothing about Recaro, so just wondering which one is a better seat. Read something about Recaro testing in EU being more stringent.

creideamh

I actually really like the new HUGS, more than the old ones, but it's one of those things you either like or you don't. :p
A FF ProRide is a fine option as well... it has a lot of SIP obviously, and the headwings are sturdier than Britax's. Nothing beats Britax's ease of use, though, IMO. I would choose whichever you feel most comfortable with.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC