BOUGHT NEW RADIAN XTSL and GOT 2009 MODEL

mommie

I purchased a 'new' Radian from diapers.com and they sent me a 2009 model. Anyone else have the same issue?

PS - This wont fit FF in my 2000 Subaru, but does fit RF.

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Car seats don't have model years, they don't change car seats yearly like they do with vehicles. So, an XTSL manufactured in Oct. '09 has the same features as a seat manufactured in Jan. '10 unless the manufacturer has specifically made changes to the seat. But, it sounds like you got the seat you ordered. Any DOM within the last 9 months doesn't bother me personally, especially if the seat was on sale or I got other discounts.

jeminijad

Even if it is average/normal/etc, I agree that it is a bummer to lose 6 months of use on a product that you could have had almost full lifespan on from another retailer- you just can't tell!

Sorry to hear it. At least it is a long lifespan seat.

babygirlsmom1005

Yeah the RN's have a 8 year life span, so it still has a year and a half more than most of the other carseat avaiable out there.

When I ordered from Diapers.com, it was 6 months old....I was fine with that.

Heck when I ordered my DS's TFP, it was Feb. 2009 - even though they didn't release them until (I think) June of 09 or so....

6 months doesn't personally bother me....

What chapped my rear was the 3 year old Companion I purchased I got and the place was like "Oh Well" :mad:

gigi

This is exactly why I don't order car seats online...I always figured since they have low turn over and you can't see what you are getting they'd send you the old ones (like when you don't look for the milk with the latest expiration date and get home and realize yours expires the next day). I'd send it back to Diapers.com and let them know why and ask for a replacement, if it were me.

Maedze

This is exactly why I don't order car seats online...I always figured since they have low turn over and you can't see what you are getting they'd send you the old ones (like when you don't look for the milk with the latest expiration date and get home and realize yours expires the next day). I'd send it back to Diapers.com and let them know why and ask for a replacement, if it were me.

You are actually far more likely to get a recent DOM for a 'specialty' seat from an on-line store than you are in a brick and mortar. The cheap seats turn over pretty quickly, but a seat like a Radian may very well sit for a year.

A six-month-new child restraint is MORE than reasonable and I would be very happy with such a DOM :)

MANDY1234

You didn't pay full price for it so I'd be happy for the discount you recieved...also meaning that the 6 months of life you "lost" was discounted off.

Honstely I've gotten crappier DOM on seats I've bought at a store...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I assume you (original poster) got a really good deal? Diapers.com pretty much gives seats away, from the coupon codes I keep reading about, and if you do the standard formula of 'divide the MSRP by the number of years of lifespan and subtract half a year' you probably did at least that well. Heck, we have much older seats sitting in the top shelves of babies r us and we sell them for full price when they finally come down to the floor (unless they are discontinued, then they are on sale, usually)....

Jennifer mom to my 7

And really, I haven't really heard of any newer doms on the radians than October. If there are newer doms, please, someone inform us:) I got mine in November, with an October dom, just when the started shipping. Since sk gets shipments in from China, I am not sure there would be newer doms for sale prices just yet, kwim?

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
And really, I haven't really heard of any newer doms on the radians than October. If there are newer doms, please, someone inform us:) I got mine in November, with an October dom, just when the started shipping. Since sk gets shipments in from China, I am not sure there would be newer doms for sale prices just yet, kwim?

My Bentley XTSL has a 12/09 DOM. I got it from Amazon.com. The price was higher at Amazon than at Diapers.com, even though it was on sale at the time for $269. However, I had a whole bunch of Amazon gift certificates, so it wound up being cheaper in the end (I think I paid $100 out of pocket). I would have been fine with something several months older, though.

wendy1221

I got a Jan 2010 DOM on the XTSL I got yesterday from babycatalog. :whistle: Sorry. :( BUT, they were out of stock in teh Petal I orderdered, and it took several weeks for my order to be shipped. I wonder how old the ones they ran out of right before I ordered were?

raider23

Be careful with Diapers.com---they do sell seats that have been used and brought back. A friend of mine had an issue with a product and the woman told her that they'll send out carseats that "look new."

Splash

Unless you made DOM a condition of sale and let them know that ahead of time and spoke to a person who assured you that s/he checked the seat that was going out and this is the DOM (and radians don't put it on the outside of the box, so no real way to know), then you have no avenue for complaint and no valid reason to do so. Internet purchasing is sight unseen, and a 6 month DOM is really good. And yes, diapers.com gives them away. Had I waited another week (a few more days, really) to order my FR85, it would have been ~185. I just turned my sister on to the old frontier for $150 there right now. So I can't complain about anything i get from them (BTW, my 85 was mid march, which is of course new, but kinda "old" by the 85 standards, since it's one of the first they would have put out!)

Stacy

Be careful with Diapers.com---they do sell seats that have been used and brought back. A friend of mine had an issue with a product and the woman told her that they'll send out carseats that "look new."

Really? I bought two seats from them last summer, but the DOM was only like a month before so I'm sure mine were new. But I didn't know that :eek:

gigi

I'd still send it back and request a newer one. Others obviously disagree, but I'd not want to lose the extra few months of usage. I bought a year old True Fit from WOOT a while back for half price and it was ADVERTISED as being a year old...so I'm not sure I would consider a year old seat a bargain at 20% off or whatever, unless you don't need that year of use.

And even if she *did* get it for cheap, she still bought it new and still deserves to get the full life span out of it.

I do understand that places need to sell what they order from manufacturers, but that doesn't mean the OP needs to take it if she is uncomfortable with it.

As far as diapers.com re-selling used seats, I am leery of this too with a place with such a good return policy and good prices. It is a lovely policy, but they must do SOMETHING with the returned seats, right?

This is why I prefer to buy my car seats (whenever possible) from a B&M store where I can see the box is factory sealed and the DOM and I"ll pay a little more for it if necessary. On a Radian, I might order from diapers, but I'd send it back if need be (like if it were older than my comfort level allowed or it looked AT ALL like the box had been opened previously).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC