Boosters that don't need vehicle head support

erind

I know there is a list somewhere and I can't find it by searching. I need two HBB that will not have vehicle headrests. What are my options? TIA

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Oobr, Parkway and TurboBooster are three off the top of my head. Not sure if there's more in the USA as I'm not familiar with all the boosters available in the USA.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The Evenflos also do not require it. Personally, if I were in that situation, I'd invest in the sturdiest-feeling HBB I could afford (so probably a Clek, a Frontier in HBB mode, Nautilus in HBB mode, a Parkway maybe.)

thepote

Did Recaro ever say one way or another? I can't remember but I want to lump them in with the "none required" bunch.

I was just poking through old threads and it looks like Vivo does require a headrest, ProBooster does as well but that requirement was stated after the fact and the manual makes it sound like it doesn't, and the Performance Booster doesn't require a headrest.

Baylor

I think I still have the email from Recaro saying it did. I will look for it and share it privately with a mod here so at least someone has it as reference.

Dorothy

The Chicco Kidfit does not require vehicle head support. The manual states to remove the vehicle headrest if it causes a gap behind the booster. Since the high back portion is all one piece (adjusts from bottom), it seems sturdy.

erind

The Evenflos also do not require it. Personally, if I were in that situation, I'd invest in the sturdiest-feeling HBB I could afford (so probably a Clek, a Frontier in HBB mode, Nautilus in HBB mode, a Parkway maybe.)

I already have two Evenflo Amps so I was hoping they would be on the list. This will be only for very occasional use. I have a van and it is the main vehicle for transporting kids. Thanks for the responses everyone!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC