Booster Seat recommendations

adamsmommy

What is the best booster for my son? We have a Lizards in Line TB and while he fits great in it, it seems flimsy.

We have been booster training him off and on for a few months now. He does great. I am wanting to keep the TB here for emergencies, the Radian he sits in in my car 98% of the time, but I want a good booster for my husbands car. We looked, and even found a SK Montery. Ds fit well in it. I just worry about how huge it is. I just want to make sure he has decent SIP.

Ds is 3'10 now and 53lbs. Booster is for a 07 Pontiac G6 and a possible occasional ride in my 07 Aspen. He sits very still and has a very long torso. He is actually about to go over the top slot in the Radian.:eek:

Sorry, I know I have asked lots of booster questions.

ADS

mommaon112903

We :love: the Monterey and bought it over anything else because of the SIP. I :love: how "substantial" it is, Josef does too :)

It is a big seat, but Josef is our one and only so we do not have to worry about other seats. If nothing else comes out that perks my intrest (I am not impresed with the new Parkway) Josef will have two Monterey's :)

scatterbunny

The Monterey is a very nice seat. :thumbsup: As long as you aren't trying to fit three-across, it's a good choice. It's LATCHable, too, which is a benefit in that it makes the booster more stable when the child is climbing in/out, and it means the booster will not become a dangerous projectile in a crash when it is unoccupied (and not buckled). With other boosters, it's important to remember to buckle them up when they are not in use, so they don't fly around injuring the driver or other passengers when no child is using it.

The Recaro Vivo is a really nice seat, too, and my friend's son (that's about the same size as yours) uses one, and loves it. It's not LATCHable, but it still has deep side wings, feels substantial and sturdy (compared to a Turbo), and adjusts taller than many boosters (important for a long-torsoed child).

The Monterey is more pricey, but it adjusts taller and is LATCHable. The Vivo isn't as wide, and is cheaper. The new Parkway SecureGuard (Britax changed the name from SlideGuard to SecureGuard at the last minute, apparently) should be very nice, as well. No LATCH, but it adjusts taller than any other dedicated booster on the market by a significant amount, according to our CarSeatBlog pre-release review :cool: it's based on the old Parkway which was known for fitting three-across easier than most other boosters, and it has an anti-submarine clip (mandatory; read the review on CarSeatBlog to find out more on the anti-sub clip).

adamsmommy

We :love: the Monterey and bought it over anything else because of the SIP. I :love: how "substantial" it is, Josef does too :)

It is a big seat, but Josef is our one and only so we do not have to worry about other seats. If nothing else comes out that perks my intrest (I am not impresed with the new Parkway) Josef will have two Monterey's :)

Are the armrests really short, or does the pic decieve me? I went and looked at one a few weeks ago and didn't notice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC