Booster recommendations

natalie77

Ok so my DS is 6 years 9 months, 49 inches tall and weighs about 48 lbs, thin guy. We have a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan and he has a Britax SG right now but his legs aren't very supported depth wise. What is a good, DEEP booster that will fit him well and support his legs AND fit in the middle row captain chairs in my van? GO!!

ADS

aeormsby

I'm pretty sure our Recaro Performance booster is deeper than our PWSGL. And it's only slightly shorter overall than the Parkway. It doesn't convert to a NBB but if you hold onto the PW you can use that when the time comes.

The other option is to use something lightweight for a foot rest. If his feet are resting on something it will take away the weight hanging from the un-supported legs. We always do this when we're traveling, usually it's a duffel bag or sleeping bag in the footwell.

I'm not sure if it's released yet or not but I think the Diono booster may be deeper also.

You can also check out this site to compare measurements: https://sites.google.com/site/carseatmeasurements/ (it's not loading for me right now but usually it's not a problem)

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Ok so my DS is 6 years 9 months, 49 inches tall and weighs about 48 lbs, thin guy. We have a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan and he has a Britax SG right now but his legs aren't very supported depth wise. What is a good, DEEP booster that will fit him well and support his legs AND fit in the middle row captain chairs in my van? GO!!

Hmmm, that's a great question and...I have no answer. LOL :eek:

I would have said a Monterey. My ds's legs are well-supported in his, we own 2 of them. But it's been retired. Its replacement, the Cambria, isn't out yet...but here's a picture:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00ISS2QG2/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

The Harmony Dreamtime has a deeper seat pan than the Britax, according to our data base. It doesn't LATCH, though, and that's always an issue for me with a daily use booster. I need them to LATCH. If you feel differently this might be an option for you.

http://www.car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=68

I can also say that the Oobr is likely not a good choice, although it does LATCH. I find the seat pan to be much too short in it.

amyd

My similar sized 6 year old find the Parkway too shallow as well. He uses a Monterey in our primary vehicle.

tiggercat

The Monterey requires vehicle head support, so just double check that it works with your head restraints. Mine is incompatible in my older caravan.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC