Booster recommendations for sport shaped seats?

twinkletoes

Hi, it's been a while ;) happy spring!

Soo, Dd needs a booster for her dads car. It has non-removable and barely height adjustable (if at all?) headrests.. It's a VV Eos. I'm not sure of year.. It's not brand new.. A few years old.

The two seats in the rear are sports seats.. So to get an idea, a graco turbo booster does not sit well on the seat due to its flat non contoured base. Dd's dad had been using the recaro seat, (the smallest one for petite children) however, recaro stress that the entire seat back has to be flat against the vehicles seat, the headrest prevents this, but in addition, dd's torso is too tall for this seat due to how the head rests of her dad's car push it forward, causing a shorter rise in the actual hbb.

Sooo, basically looking for a suitable backless booster that can fit sports seats? It's hard to tell looking at on-line pictures.

Dd is 9, petite and weighs 53lbs.. I'm not sure of her actual height, or torso length, but she is in the last setting of the graco turbo HBB in my car, a 2003 ford focus wagon, yet doesn't meet all the steps to fit an adult seat belt. I want to follow the UK's guidelines of age 12 or 5ft 11inches :) I may need to get the britax hbb for my car if she outgrows the graco before 12 or before she fits the adult seat belt...

I think she'll do well In a backless booster in her dad's car. I'm sure it has side impact air bags in the back?! My car doesn't have head rests, hence the need. Perhaps, for the extreme purchase.. Ha..

Any recommendations for a backless booster that sits well on bucket style sort seats? Particularly, in a VW Eos??

We need it ASAP!!

Thanks soooo much!!!

ADS

twinkletoes

According to ex, The harmony works!!!! Yay.. Exhausting search and stress is over <3. Although he's yet to take photos for me to double check.. He's not as mindful about proper fit as I am.. He'd been informed by Recaro that their hbb seat back HAS to be flat against the back seat of the car.. They told me to discontinue use...but he still continued to use it.. I finally took it off him and he had no choice than to pop to walmart to pick up the harmony!! He said he tried it in the parking lot before he took the plastic off.. To make sure, so I'm somewhat confident it fits ;-). Dd loves the pink seat too.. She's wanted a pink seat for years!!! Since she outgrew her lilac blvd 3 years ago..

But boy, there's not a lot our there for bucket style sports seats and non removable headrests (can find either or, but not accommodating of both.. I still don't know what HBB would work? If any? But I don't have that immediate concern since dd is mature enough to use a backless.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Recaro sometimes does well in seats shaped like that.

Porsche sells the Junior Seat Plus through their dealerships that can be used in any vehicle. It's shaped specifically to fit in these type of seats, and it has a special feature to fill the gap left behind the booster by fixed forward-leaning headrests.

It's also HUGELY expensive. (I believe in the $400 range?)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC