Question Booster in Odyssey?

kitkat0872

I've now tried a FR85 in booster mode, a Turbobooster and an Evenflo RightFit in our 2007 Odyssey. I've tried in the capt chairs in middle row and outboard positions in third row bench. No matter seat or location, if he leans forward at all, the seatbelt does not properly retract and is then really loose on him. I can't imagine this is safe, but not sure what to do or what else to try? He's back in the harness in the FR until we can find something safe, but he only has growing room for maybe one more growth spurt, so need to find something soon. I know the Odyssey is a popular van, so there must be something that works or something I'm doing incorrectly. Any ideas?

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I had a Clek Oobr and a Sunshine Kids Monterrey in my 07 Oddy with no retracting issues.

Did you try changing the height of the shoulder belt on the door pillar to see if you could improve the angle the belt enters the guide.

MommyShannon

We have used a Parkway (2011 or 2012), Vivo, and Nautilus in booster mode in all spots. I think they've all worked well, but DD is a bit obsessive about constantly tightening her shoulder strap if she moves at all. We've had the Frontier in booster mode briefly in a captain's chair. I don't remember any problems, but we haven't used it much. Changing the vehicle seat recline, seat belt slider thing, and the booster's headwings can change things.
ETA: We used to use a Turbo in the 3rd row driver's side.

kitkat0872

I didn't think to adjust the seatbelt position on the pillar. Kinda forgot it adjusts since I never move mine. Will try that out tomorrow, since there's not a free moment after school today for it. Hopefully that will solve the problem!

ahgirls

The F85 in booster mode & my 06 odyssey didn't play nice. My older Monterey only played semi nice in the 3rd row. I did have luck with the Turbo & Parkway in any position. I was really sad about the F85 not working in booster mode. Not all boosters & vehicles are compatible sadly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC