Booster help

aimeeandaaron

So, I think it is about time to get a booster for my son's primary seat. He is very close to even with the top slots in his Recaro Como at 6 1/2, 43 pounds and 47 inches. He is a skinny kid with a long torso, so he will need a booster forever, but will need a tall one.

He is quite comfortable in his Como and seems to like the support it gives on the sides, especially when he wants to sleep (prefers it to the Nautilus in Dh's car for long trips because of that). We have a Turbobooster we have been using for travel or when we are transporting other kids, but I'd rather have something more comfortable for his primary seat. His butt just seems like it is swimming in that seat, and it seems to make him fidgety when he is tired. He was in a Britax Wizard until he grew out of that a year and a half ago, so he does love big side wings.

Maybe a Recaro Vivo would work well, but will he be growing out of it by height soon? The Monterey seems a bit wider than I prefer, since I do drive people around sometimes, but I guess I could take it out and use the Turbobooster if I needed to put someone next to it if it is otherwise the perfect seat. Maybe the new Parkway? Something else?

Cost is not really an issue. It will be used in the center in an Acura TL, so I don't think I could use LATCH there anyway. He is an only child, so I don't need to worry about passing down the seat.

I would love to try out a few of them before we decide. Any suggestions of places around Los Angeles that might have a few of these seats to try out? Around me, I see a lot of Turboboosters, not much else, but next weekend we will be driving around LA and I was hoping I could try out some boosters while we are there.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC