Booster for Forester

cmm7

I am in need of a HBB to put in a 2007 Subaru Forester. Child is almost six, 45ish pounds, and 45ish inches (somewhat of a guess but around there). I have tried a TB and KidFit, but neither allow the shoulder belt to retract smoothly. They work center, but with the "hump" she gets tippy when asleep.

Headrests angle out meaning a seat that does not require support is best. LATCH is preferred but not required. Kiddo is fairly narrow at the shoulders. She is very leggy and JUST fits in the MA still so torso is about 17".

Cheaper the better, but could come up with the money if nothing affordable would work great.

Thanks!

ADS

Athena

We used to have that car, so I feel your booster pain! Between the horrible head rests and the weird shoulder belt geometry, we ruled out most options, but booster options have changed in the years since then, so don't despair yet. Have you tried your Frontier? Our FR85 worked perfectly in that car. The Oobr retracted okay too. The older PKWY did not retract, but the current version has changed enough it might be worth a try. Good luck! HTH.

cmm7

I have not tried the FR, thank you for that suggestion. She still swims in it so I hadn't even thought to try it, but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. Did you ever try a Recaro booster? I'm not sure why, but for some reason I keep wanting to try it. I don't know anywhere local that carries it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC