Big Babies, Small car

trinaswinehart

I have been searching the threads for days trying to find some answers, but no luck.

I have a 2010 Toyota Camry, and I need to fit three seats across.
DS: 3yrs. 45# and 43"
DD: 1yr 25# and 34"
TBD: infant

Both of my children are tall and have very long torsos, so they tend to out grow the harness heights in carseats VERY fast!

Currently my son is in a Frontier SICT and my daughter is in a RF Combi Coccorro. I went to the store and tried to squezze a Cybex Aton in with no luck, and I currently own a Chicco Keyfit. The cupholders of the frontier seem to get in the way every time. The side head cushions on the Frontier never gave me an issue, bc the other 2 seats are RF. I can fit the base in, but I can't fit the carrier into the base.

We are already purchasing a new car for my husband, bc he will never be able to fit 3 across. The other 2 seats are fairly new, and I would prefer to only purchase 1 new seat if possible. (My husband has a Frontier SICT and a RF Britax Advocate SICT) I figured my daughter would need a Radian in a couple months when she out grows her Coccorro. (my son out grew the harness in the Coccorro at 15 mo.)

I would like my son to stay harnessed since he just turned 3. Eventhough he has the body of a 5 yo. I would also like to keep my daughter RF, and after much research the Radian offers the highest harness thread RF. I would also prefer the infant in a carrier. Baby is due Oct 31 and it gets very cold around here. I don't want to fight with taking coats on and off, and would prefer to just put blankets over the carrier. Afterwards the infant can move to the Coccorro.

Any help would be great!
TIA

ADS

Brianna

Congrats on your newest LO! Will a baseless installation work with the Keyfit, or is that not something you're interested in? What's your budget for a new seat?

If you're interested in hearing opinions on what vehicles will work for your husband, feel free to start a thread in car safety.

Kat_Momof3

a camry is actually a pretty decent sized sedan.

Is the frontier in the middle? it may help to put it in the middle with the coccoro on one side and then the infant seat on the other side.

Also, try installing them all with the seatbelt (aka, don't use latch on the outboard seats) as this sometime makes more room and allows the outboard seats to be closer to the doors.

kam1011

Get a radian for 3yo FF center, put the CCO outboard behind driver, and infant carrier for baby. When baby outgrows infant seat, put baby in CCO, 1yo in Radian RF and you'll gain many inches, you may be able to fit the frontier back at that point. Or SK400 works well in 3-across.

I had a malibu, which is similar in size to the camry, and used the Combi Shuttle as my infant seat, outboard behind passenger. It fit pretty well with the radian in the center. The radian sits so low that it was easy to snap the bucket in and out of the base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC