Best/easiest double stroller for big kids?

julia94115

I have a tall (37") 22 month old and take care of a "fire hydrant" 33 plus pound 18 month old. They both love to ride. I just purchased a Joovy Caboose but it is REALLY hard to steer/maneuver with both of them in it. My husband, pushing it today, said he felt like the whole thing was going to snap apart with the weight as he was trying to turn it. Do you think the Ultralight would make that much of a difference? I would love a BOB Double but space is an issue (also my daughter is getting too tall for our BOB single) as the stroller needs to be kept in a narrow common passageway of our condo. Any suggestions?

ADS

my2kidsSafe

i would do the phil and ted's. That way you still have a single when you have just your son. But also the double when you have both kids.

lovinwaves

Baby Jogger strollers have some of the tallest seat backs. They also have a patented one step fold. Their folding design (which essentially folds the stroller in half like a book) would be great for storage issues.

Look at these two:

Baby Jogger City Series Mini
Baby Jogger City Series Micro

If you do a search of this forum, you will see we have discussed the Baby Jogger Mini (BJCMD) ALOT.

zactayaus

I love our mia moda compagno sit and stand stroller. It carries my 40lb 6yo (back seat is rated to 50lbs) and 17lb 4 month old great. It pushes and steers like a dream. The only downside is that it is big and heavy so I'm not sure if that would work in your situation.

Rosey

I LOVE the BJCMD. Best sun shades, tall seat, and awesome fold. The Phil and Ted's isn't a bad suggestion and my sister has one. I like it okay but the rear seat has very limited sight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC