Question Best cheap combination seat with sleeping support

funwith4

We've used the alpha elite (not really suitable as a combination seat) and the nautilus and both made their head all forward. I don't want to spend more than that price point.

ADS

funwith4

Britax is the one brand I'm Leary of. I LovE my Britax seat install, support, etc except I've had 2 roundabouts, 2 roundabout 50s, a marathon and a decathlon over the past 8 years and every single one has had the harness fray where the buckle sits when the child is buckled. The first time Britax has replaced it but after that I've had to pay because it was after the warranty period. They've needed replaced once a year. Huge added expense to the cost of the seat.

mom of six

I'd suggest the Harmony Defender. It has a slight recline feature and deep head wings. It is also nice on the budget and narrow.

funwith4

Thanks. I like our harmony low backs so I'll take a look. I don't really need narrow as I drive a beast but my daughter is skinny so doesn't really matter

YinzerMama

Do you mean where the slidey parts rub? The male parts of the buckle so to speak? Have you used other brands of harnessed seats and not had this problem? I always figured some fraying was just inevitable over time because of the friction, but as long as it is minimal and confined to the edges, I thought it was not a problem. I wouldn't have thought this was confined to Britax as they don't make the straps.

The defender looks good though!

funwith4

Ncver had this issue with another brand and I've used many seats in 17 yrs. the only thing, from looking at it, that I can think, is that most seats are completely wrapped in plastic in that area but the underside of Britax are not so it's metal rubbing on the buckle

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC