Question Best bang for buck - almost 4 yr old

K

Kaytesue

I am probably overthinking this, so thanks for bearing with me :)

My 3yr9m (35 lb, 39") has outgrown her Evenflo Tribute (her shoulder are over the top harness). This is the car seat she uses 2-5 times a month in our 3rd car/pick-up truck (no LATCH, does have auto lock seat belt). Since both her other car seats are LATCH installed I didn't want to bother with reconfiguring the straps anytime I used it in the pick-up, so for now want something permanent. I am trying to figure out what makes most sense for this purchase...

1. Higher limit convertible (Evenflo SureRide?)
OR 2. Combination seat (Evenflo SureKid, Graco Nautilus?)
OR 3. "Nicer" combination seat - which could eventually be used most the time in our daily vehicle and moved to the pick-up when needed (Britax Frontier?)

We have a Graco Size4Me 65 and Maxi Cosi 70 in the other cars so those should grow with her for awhile. I would like to keep a more budget friendly seat unless it would be option 3, which then I could spend more since it eventually gets more use.

Thank you!

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi and welcome! As you said, there are several ways you can go with her right now.

1. The SureRide is a great seat for a reasonable price. Because the top harness slots are so high (higher than the SureKid and Nautilus), it will last her a very long time. But it won't be the last seat she needs. After the SureRide, you could go with a cheap backless booster if there's a headrest in the truck.

2. Get a Graco Nautilus or look at the new Evenflo Transitions/Evolve. These make better boosters than the SureKid, though the SureKid is a nice seat too. These will last longer than option 1 simply because they are the one-step seats--harness, then booster. But they cost more.

3. Here's my option for you. Buy a Britax Frontier and use that as her daily ride. Move one of the other seats to the truck. That way you're not spending a huge amount of money on a carseat and having it sit there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC