Belt installation in ody?

jnh896

Hello,

DD will soon exceed the manufacturers limits for latch installation (40 lbs.) We have a 2006 Honda Odyssey and have the car seat positioned in the 2nd row passenger side (is that considered outboard?) with the "plus one" seat removed and the passenger seat slid over to the middle.

I am wondering if we can continue this configuration when the car seat is installed by belt? Neither the car or the car seat owner's manual address this.
Or should the seat be moved back closer to the door? The car seat is a Britax Boulevard. DD is almost 3 years old, weighs about 37 lbs. and is 40 inches tall.

Thank you!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Are you saying that the seat the Boulevard is installed on is moved to the middle position?

You can use the seatbelt there, but you'll be using the belt that comes from the door frame--not the one intended for the middle. (Unless the '06 is different from my '09.) That means that the belt will cross over the "walkway," which might be inconvenient, but not unsafe as long as you get a good installation.

jnh896

Are you saying that the seat the Boulevard is installed on is moved to the middle position?

You can use the seatbelt there, but you'll be using the belt that comes from the door frame--not the one intended for the middle. (Unless the '06 is different from my '09.) That means that the belt will cross over the "walkway," which might be inconvenient, but not unsafe as long as you get a good installation.

Yes, that is correct - the seat that the BLVD is installed on is moved to the middle. So, I would have the use the belt from the door frame. Just wanted to make sure it was OK to "stretch" the belt that far.

Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC