Question Belt fit check -- Vivo

andrea0804

Hello, and thank you for all the knowledge you share on these boards. I have been reading for a while and have learned a ton.

My son is 5 years almost 9 months old, about 48 pounds and 47 inches. He has been riding in a booster around town for about a month. Right now he is riding in a Vivo 2nd row passenger outboard in a 2007 Honda Pilot. I am just wanting to check belt fit, especially because his shoulders are so narrow.

image-859837768.jpg

Also, the lap belt seems to do something weird near the buckle-side belt path. I make sure to pull it tight across his lap, but there is this weird pucker where it comes out of the belt path.

image-626300997.jpg

He sits nicely and even slept for a bit this weekend without falling out of position. Is this seat a viable option? Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It looks good!

Just fyi, guessing from the clothing and everything that you're having warm weather. We've heard reports of the angle adjuster melting to seats. If you have a receiving blanket you may want to slide it under the Radian and angle adjuster to protect your seats.

Wendy

andrea0804

Thanks for the belt fit feedback, and also for the angle adjuster info. I hadn't heard that, and will definitely put a receiving blanket in there. I'm in Wisconsin, and it has been insanely hot here!

aeormsby

The belt bunches like that on our Vivo also. I think it's just the way it works with the belt changing angles with the guide so far forward.

I just make sure it's not twisted and that the shoulder belt is on top of the lap portion.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC