Question are my kids in the right seat???

U

Unregistered

Hi EVeryone.
I have concerns about my current car seat arrangement for my children. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I drive a 2005 Toyota SIena

My DD is 8 1/2, 50 lbs, 49 1/2 inches
she is sitting in Graco Nautilus, high back booster with regular seat belt, latch system

My DS is 4 1/2, 43 lbs, 42 1/2 inches
he is sitting in Graco Nautilus, high back booster with 5 point retraint straps, latch system,

First question is are they in the right seats, belts

second, can I remove the high back portion of my DD seat, and just use the base?
thanks in advance for your advice!
Lisa

ADS

smackeen

I will try to answer your questions for you.

1) As long as your children still fit within the weight and height of the seats, they are the right seats. By stats posted, they are good. :)

2)Graco has stated that you can use latch in booster mode so it is good for your oldest.

Toyota defers to child restraint for LATCH limits and the Nautilus is 48lbs. So your DS has 5lbs before you need to switch to seatbelt install.

3. If you still have a good belt fit with the backless nautilus, then I would use it for your oldest in backless mode.

jess71903

Ambassador
I will try to answer your questions for you.

1) As long as your children still fit within the weight and height of the seats, they are the right seats. By stats posted, they are good. :)

2)Graco has stated that you can use latch in booster mode so it is good for your oldest.

Toyota defers to child restraint for LATCH limits and the Nautilus is 48lbs. So your DS has 5lbs before you need to switch to seatbelt install.

3. If you still have a good belt fit with the backless nautilus, then I would use it for your oldest in backless mode.

Exactly this :). Welcome to Car-seat.org! This is exactly why we are here!

Keeanh

Hi! It sounds like they're in the right seats. Good job!

I just want to cover a few more bases. You need to know the history of the seats (iow you're the first owner or you trust the person you got them from). Make sure they aren't expired, have never been in a crash, and haven't had the harnesses washed.

T4K

Another option with the second nautilus is a second seat (with harness) for your 4.5 year old in a second car (husbands, grandmas, carpool, etc) and to get an inexpensive backless for your oldest.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC