Anyone know...

Yibis

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the top rated seats in Europe? Safety first, of course. :)

I need to get my son a new seat as he is almost out of his Marathon. I know the Cybex Solution X-fit works in my car 3 across but I am still hesitating and wondering if there is something better?

ADS

Yibis

Nobody? I kinda remember seeing some German links on here once but I couldn't find them when looking again and I didn't know the name of the agencies that do the tests. My husband speaks German so I could use them if I could find them. Grr.

We have a RFing Marathon (for our almost 3 year old), a baby carrier seat for the new addition (in Feb 12) and we need the 3rd seat for my 6 1/2 year old who is average height and thin. The Cybex fits but I was also looking into a Britax Parkway since I've had very good luck with them in the past.

Any input on narrow, safe boosters or links to the EU car seat safety agencies would be appreciated!!

Thanks

newyorkDOC

Its called adac i believe and when i get
to my Mac i can post a link. However, its not really the gold standard IMO. That would be the Swedish plus test but they only test seats that rear face only so a lot if seats are left out even though they are just as safe.

There are no publicly published crash test results for boosters and fit is more important than crash ratings.

For a convertible I'd look at the Swedish seats. For a booster I'd get HBB with ISOFIX if your car has it.

Yibis

Thanks!

I guess it's going to be the Cybex Solution X-fix then... I saw that it has gotten good ratings in some of the German testing agencies. It's just not my favorite. I wish I could still harness him but at 6 and 1/2, I think we're done there plus I can't fit 3 harnessed seats across the back seat of my car. We do have Isofix though so we'll start there...

Thanks again for posting :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC