Question Anyone in Calgary area have a seat they can lend me?

mam521

Soooo...today I received a call from CPS...my car that was parked at the Somerset Park n Ride was hit and run. The damage is pretty extensive to the car (sliced quarter panel, peeled door skin...pretty sexy), likely in the $6000-8000 range.

I now have to replace my seats. The only good thing about this is neither seat (classic BV and HB TB) is 2012 compliant. It could take up to a month to deal with the claim which puts me close to August (can anyone see where I'm going with this...lol) and potentially Foonf territory. I need a RF seat for my near 26mo old (almost 28lbs, 34in, torso short enough to still fit RF in the BV, too tall for the Roundabout I have) in the interim. I could buy another Radian, but I'm not loving the one I have, so I'd rather wait or split the difference with insurance. Does anyone have a spare I could borrow? Can't hurt to ask!

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Oooh, sucky about the damaged car, but I must admit I have fantasies about my van being wrecked while parked, requiring the purchase of new car seats, and the Foonf definitely makes the cut!

I'm too far to help you...but I think I might be buying something cheap to then re-sell once the Foonf comes out!

jacqui276

I'm in Calgary and have a Scenera that I don't frequently use. It is definitely not an ideal choice and your little one may have outgrown it RFing already. My nephew is about the same height and weight (long torso) and has outgrown it RFing by a couple inches. If it will work for you, you are welcome to borrow it. If not, I hope that one of the other Calgarians here has something to offer!

Sorry to hear about the accident. Sounds pretty extensive for being parked! I hope that it doesn't take too long to get everything sorted out.

mam521

Jen, you can totally understand why I want that seat, eh? LOL! I didn't think I'd have the remotest possibility of buying one because its appeal is the ERF and I am pretty sure DS would have made it until nearly 3 RF in the BV and my DD still fits in the RXT RF @ 5.5yo so I had no NEED for it. Now though...

As for the Scenera, I'll toss my son into one at WalMart tonight and see if he's too tall RF. He may be (I'm thinking so because he is to tall for the Roundabout). I wish I could score a sweet deal on the Zellers TF like they had a couple of weeks back!

jacqui276

Do any of the Zellers that are liquidating have any TFs left? I remember the Deer Valley one had a couple for quite cheap while they were still left. I haven't been to the Chinook or Market Mall ones since they started doing mark downs though.

mam521

Chinook hasn't had any in a while. My friend was there and I made her look :p Not sure about Market Mall though.

Talked to Clek...if I order with my tech discount, I can get the faux hawk Foonf for $350. BUT, I won't likely get it until September after the preorder orders at retailers have been fulfilled. I forgot to ask if I can prepay and get the receipt to submit to insurance...doh...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC