Anyone else have shredding on True Fit harness belt?

Yellie417

Today I was pulling apart our True Fit, exp 2015, to wash the covers for our new little one arriving next month. I discovered that the harness belt, where it loops underneath the seat, was shredded from rubbing back and forth against some plastic... things? I'll attach a photo. I'm concerned since we have really only used this seat occasionally as back up, at the most, a few months at a time once or twice. Did we do something wrong? Has anyone else run into this? I've contacted the company and they're sending a new strap for free, but needless to say, I'm not super comfortable with the idea of using the seat if it has the potential to do this again.

Thanks!
Danielle

Attachments

• Jan13 072.jpg
    Jan13 072.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 27
ADS

Yellie417

The fraying lines up with the plastic parts right above it- it might be hard to tell in the photo- we have the harness strap detached for now and just stuck it back in for the picture. I guess it's possible that a critter could've gotten to it- it has spent time in our garage and we are surrounded by woods, so there are mice about, but it does appear to be the result of rubbing there. Also, it sits high up on some containers in our garage, right side up, so I don't know how easy it would've been for a critter to sit up and gnaw on it...

TheNimpsGirl

My son's TF is used weekly a few times for the last 3 years and I have never seen any kind of wear on the harness like that on his.

Maybe it some how got caught and then tugged too hard :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC