Any questions for the Combi or Britax reps?

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
You guys are going to keep me busy! lol

For the CS though, the clicking w/ slack still in the harness is not a flaw as far as Britax is concerned. If you watch the video online, you'll see you have to go through about 3 sets of clicks before it's considered tight enough. I think the CS needs to be gotten rid of anyways.

On the flip side of that issue, what about the CS seats that just don't click at all?

ADS

Mommy0608

Definitely interested in NON-MESH covers for the Frontier/Frontier 85. That mesh will definitely not last the 9 years of the seat... it'll look terrible!

I hate cow by the way :)duck:)... just some nice non-mesh boy and girl colors/patterns would be great. Thanks!

Cryssy Jane

Does either company plan to make a 'quick start' dvd that parents can just stick in the computer/dvd player and WATCH a correct install with latch and seatbelt so that people who don't bother with the owner's manual because it's got 'too many warnings' or whatever can see how to CORRECTLY install their seats without asking for too much attention from them?

I agree on this. Because of technology today I see people watching a dvd and getting more out of it than not reading the manual. This is a good idea. I'd do both.

crunchierthanthou

Does either company plan to make a 'quick start' dvd that parents can just stick in the computer/dvd player and WATCH a correct install with latch and seatbelt so that people who don't bother with the owner's manual because it's got 'too many warnings' or whatever can see how to CORRECTLY install their seats without asking for too much attention from them?
Britax does have a comprehensive set of videos on their website. They cover just about any installation question you could have.

And, do they plan to release the Coccoro Flash in any color but tan?

the 2010 product catalog appears to have a gray one (page 11), or maybe it's just trick lighting because it only has the beige name. I've been meaning to start a thread about something else in the catalog. Maybe I'll do it now...

mam1937

Any plans to get rid of the impossible puzzle buckle on the combi shuttle.Ive had seats with a puzzle buckle before but the one on that seat is impossible to hold together and push into the female end of the buckle. I ended up getting rid of the seat....

crunchierthanthou

Any plans to get rid of the impossible puzzle buckle on the combi shuttle.Ive had seats with a puzzle buckle before but the one on that seat is impossible to hold together and push into the female end of the buckle. I ended up getting rid of the seat....

do you do the chest clip first? I've found the Combi puzzle buckle is easier if the chest clip is already holding the two sides together. I cussed at it for the first week or so, but now I don't mind it at all and hardly notice that step to put them together.

Wiggles

Britax does have a comprehensive set of videos on their website. They cover just about any installation question you could have.

Which is great and awesome, but how does the average parent, who went into a brick and mortar store, know that those videos are there? If they aren't reading the manual, are they really going to be going online searching for install vids? I just feel like if the videos were on a DVD, clearly labeled as "Easy installation guide!" it might reach a few more parents.

Kat_Momof3

for combi... they totally redid their seat line basically... the infant seats, the convertible line...

now what about extended harnessing and boosters? I want to know about plans for new seats in those lines (well, for myself, mostly boosters, but I would love to see a seat that takes the child from the coccorro to booster... a seat that, even if it doesn't rearface longer, is great for small cars in being narrow, but being easier to install than the Radians... maybe it would convert to booster?

And as for boosters, since they are setting the example for sleek and narrow seating, why not a width-adjustable highback booster?

Oh... and make sure they do not DARE discontinue the Dakota, as so many of us on this board love it (Jeffrey JUST moved up to the top notch in his Monterey on Saturday, so I think I will HAVE to get one soon)

in fact, I'd go as far as to say they must NEVER alter it... they can offer an ADDITIONAL backless booster, but never replace it.

BananaBoat

Which is great and awesome, but how does the average parent, who went into a brick and mortar store, know that those videos are there? If they aren't reading the manual, are they really going to be going online searching for install vids? I just feel like if the videos were on a DVD, clearly labeled as "Easy installation guide!" it might reach a few more parents.

I totally agree on this. It's incredibly cheap to burn a 10 minute DVD for parents to watch before installation. I got a DVD with my breastpump that was so much more helpful than the manual. Words are so easy to misunderstand - especially when you're dealing with a piece of equipment that is brand new to you. It's shocking how different people's interpretation of "less than 1 inch of movement" is :whistle:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
More replacement covers available on Britax's website. Their selection is extremely limited. :(

Laurette

Can they please make the Coccoro cover out of a different material that doesn't snag so eaisly? Mine is horrible and they dont seem to care.

DahliaRW

Britax - rfing seat with a shell a couple inches higher and AT LEAST a 40lb rfing limit (maybe get rid of the huge base). I'd love a frontier typ seat, with a removeable headrest, that can rf and then ff and then become a good booster...ok, yeah, dreaming there!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Rear-face tether for the Coccoro?

She couldn't comment. :)

HWH or erf seat from Combi?

No comment, lol.

any sort of RF stabilizer, KWIM?

YES! You can call Combi and they are sending out the foam pieces that come w/ the Zeus, kind of like noodles but not round. You can then use this in the seat bite to help w/ forward movement. A temp solution can be shelf liner under the seat and in front of the foot portion of the seat as well.

I'd like a sunshade accessory for the Coccoro.

She said this was mentioned to them earlier and they are trying to find something that works w/out having to redo the mold for the seat.

Any plans on fixing the misuse in the Coccoro video?

Vera posted on that thread (she's the one here) so she knows about it.

Vera from Combi said they had done something like this in the past and it was a disaster of sorts. She did say they were working on putting videos on You Tube and just made a FB page as well.

I only have a few questions not covered already, for Combi: will the 2nd generation (2010 model) Coccoro covers be compatible with the older Coccoros? And, do they plan to release the Coccoro Flash in any color but tan?

Yes, the 2 covers will be interchangable. She said the dimensions of the seat are not changing. She said she has a gray one, but it might be a prototype and will check on the colors for the Flash.

hrice

For Britax

When will they come out with a seat with a taller shell, higher RF weight limits and MORE leg room (I know this was posted but I am ditto'ing it):)

Also what is up with the new latch on the RA 50? The rep told me it was because people were using it wrong so they re-designed it. It is SO much harder to tighten. I can't get it right!

tweetykl

All people original Frontiers should get a replacement seat no matter if they are over a year old!!!! Never saw the hope until it was too late and it should not be an $80 mistake.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
If you're still taking more questions, I would love to ask Britax about CUTE, STYLISH covers for the Frontier 85. Right now they are so plain. I showed my 3.5 year old the seat and she said she disliked ALL of them. If I show her the patterned girly Nautilus, she likes a couple of them. Assuming they both work in my vehicle, we'll likely go for a Nautilus just because she says, "yuck" when she sees the Fontier. Britax has so many nice covers for their convertibles, I am sure they could come up with a way that the patterns would be appealing to the younger crowd AND the older crowd (or I'd be willing to buy a plain cover if DD "outgrows" a nice patterned cover). Especially because they market this seat to age TWO and up. Young ones don't like the boring covers!

monstah

She couldn't comment. :)

No comment, lol.

YES! You can call Combi and they are sending out the foam pieces that come w/ the Zeus, kind of like noodles but not round. You can then use this in the seat bite to help w/ forward movement. A temp solution can be shelf liner under the seat and in front of the foot portion of the seat as well.

She said this was mentioned to them earlier and they are trying to find something that works w/out having to redo the mold for the seat.

Vera posted on that thread (she's the one here) so she knows about it.

Vera from Combi said they had done something like this in the past and it was a disaster of sorts. She did say they were working on putting videos on You Tube and just made a FB page as well.

Yes, the 2 covers will be interchangable. She said the dimensions of the seat are not changing. She said she has a gray one, but it might be a prototype and will check on the colors for the Flash.

I tried repping you but I need to spread the love. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC