Any problem with 2008 Odyssey?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I know the 2005 had the whacky tether situation, but there's nothing weird about the '08, is there?

And it does have the captains chairs that can be pushed together, right?

Is there any major difference between that and the '09 (which we had, and traded in a year ago :rolleyes:)?

Also, we've never bought a used car. Anything I should consider? It would probably be a certified used car from a Honda dealer.

ADS

luckyclov

I'm fairly certain the capt chairs are fixed in the '05-'10 Odys. Or maybe that's just on the 8-passengers. A few months back, I was looking at '10 Odys and I remember being told the seats didn't move in. But I was only looking at 8-passengers.

There's 3 full sets of LATCH; capts chairs and (off) center 3rd row, with "bonus" TA outboard 3rd row.

I've never bought a used car, either...so I would think Certified Honda would be the most "padded" way to go.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Our '09 was an 8-passenger and I could have sworn that one of the captains chairs moved over, but we never did it so I can't say for sure.

Does anyone know for sure?

tl01

Our '09 was an 8-passenger and I could have sworn that one of the captains chairs moved over, but we never did it so I can't say for sure.

Does anyone know for sure?

My friend's 2010 has a a captain's chair that moves over... Don't know if that helps at all.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I believe the passenger side captain's chair slides to the center from 2005-2010. They did make some changes to which models had the 8th seat over that time and also to the availability of the lazy suzan under floor storage compartment. Honda's certified used program is pretty good, but you pay a premium for it usually.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Do you think paying the premium is worth it? What does the Certified Used program mean? That they've checked it out and it has the warranty?

molly&elle

We have the 2008 and you can remove the middle and push the captains chairs together. We do love ours! There had been some reports that maybe the transmission problems haven't been fixed but we have been fortunate.

acoro

The transmission issues were resolved when they started using the ridgeline transmission. Not sure if that was 2007 or 2009. But my 2009 has the new tranny

luckyclov

Hmmm, that bothers me...that I was *at* a Honda dealership and the salesman told me the seats couldn't move in. :thumbsdown:

When we were looking at Odys, the certified ones had the big *certified* sticker on the windshield and the window sticker usually reflected the fees in the price. Basically, it costs them (blahblah) money to have the car certified, so that's dough they want to get back. It wasn't uncommon to have a certified Honda with higher miles and more cosmetic flaws to be a couple thou more than an uncertified same year/model with less miles and a better body/interior (cosmetically). Outside of that, I have no idea how the whole thing works...but, obviously, the salespeople hype it up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC