Any brilliant ideas for restraint options?

tl01

My friend has an upcoming cruise with her DS who is 2 years 2 months old. She is trying to think of a good option for restraint in the airplane and in a taxi. She's open to the CARES harness for the plane but doesn't want to bring a huge seat to store in the stateroom as they will not have much space. Besides a regular seat like a a scenera is there any other reasonable option? Her son is still RFing in a BLVD70. Would you consider putting your child FFing for those two short trips to and from the ship? I have a safety 1st hybrid go that would be much easier for her to store and carry... But I'm nervous to recommend the option.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Over 2, in a taxi only? Yes, I would. As long as they'll be able to ensure LATCH in the taxi- you can only do that in some places, not others.

I'd also consider an old-style RSTV if he's big enough to fit (old-style didn't have the 3 year age minimum.) (But honestly, I might even consider a parental decision to use the RSTV if there's no better option in this situation...)

What about a Radian? It could be folded and stored under a bunk in the cabin, or in the back of a closet, or whatever. It could be used on the plane, too, and in almost any country they went to. She could get the carry bag or backpack straps.

brightredmtn

Any chance they could take public transportation to the ship? It would probably be a PITA but the PITA factor might net out without having to haul a seat through the airport.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC