Another WWYD thread

obnurse19

I am having a new baby in August. I have two Marathons being used by a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. WWYD when the new baby moves to a convertible (probably around Feb of next year).

1. Leave both older children in their Marathons until they outgrow them by height. The oldest marathon will expire in Sept 09, and DD will be two months shy of 6. She is at a 15 inch torso (or a little less) so I am hoping she could make it. Move her to a dedicated booster and leave the middle child in his seat to be outgrown. Repeat child #1 situation with #2 down the road. Buy the new baby a new Marathon or Boulevard when the time comes.

2. Buy both of the older children Nautilus's when I need a convertible for the baby. Toss the oldest Marathon out and use the newest one. Leave the oldest harnessed until she is scratching my eyes out (after 6 preferably LOL)

3. Buy the older kids Frontier's during the sale this fall (if people like them). Again, leave them harnessed till college.

I should add that we have a Nautilus in DH car and really like it. I am still partial to Britax's harnesses, clips etc. I would marry them if I could I like them that much.

I think my cheapest option is #1, however I like the idea of not being forced out of a harness at 6. Although, at 6 will she be ready? She is an EXCELLENT car sitter, never sleeps in the car and wouldn't be a kid that would fool with the seat belt. Do many of you booster at age 6?

ADS

melniemi

I went through this with my last baby. And I decided to buy her her own marathon so she could rf as long as possible - rather than having the marathon expire while she was still in the limits - because I would likely not buy another convertible for a 3+yo child. So, I would probably buy baby it's own marathon and revisit when your kiddos outgrow their current marathons. A new marathon will have a 35# rf limit too, so you could take advantage of that with the new baby.

When your dd is 6, you may decide the frontier is perfect, or you may not! I found that my kids were incapable of sitting in a booster at 7:( It worked at first, I think because they were used to being harnessed, so they didn't try to move around much in the car. Then they discovered the freedom a booster gives them. They are both in regents now.

abacus2

Why not just buy one Nautilus and continue to use both the Marathons until they expire? Then if the Frontier is out by then, you'll know whether it's a good choice for you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC