Another Ebay listing

Sarabela

I saw this on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180116795713&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1
I sent her an email and said this
"Do you have the chest clip for this seat? THere doesn't appear to be one in the picture. "
She said:
"The harness is snapped in the photo. Each strap snaps into the buckle. Thanks for the question."
I said:
"There should be a clip that holds the 2 straps together across the upper chest at armpit level. That is not present in the picture. It is necessary to keep the child from ejecting from the seat in an accident. It is different than the 2 buckles that click into the part between their legs."
And then I noticed the DOM and sent this
"I just noticed the manufacture date you listed, car seats expire about 6 years from the date of manufacture and that seat is 8 years old. It is expired and unsafe, especially without the chest clip. I urge you to remove your listing to prevent a possible child injury or death if they were in an accident in your seat. The reason for an expiration date is the plastic on the shell of seats weakens over time from the extreme heat/cold in cars and they can break apart in an accident."
And she said:
"I am not the owner of the car seat however, i verifed with the DOT before listing the item that the car seat is safe. Just because it was manufactured 8 years ago does not make it unsafe. This same seat (one month older) sold last week. please stop the questions"
What should I do now? Since she asked me to "stop the questions" would it be harrassment if I replied again?

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Older Fisher Price seats such as the Safe Embrace model in the listing have an 8 year expiration, so technically this one won't expire until near the end of this year with a 12/1999 date of manufacture. I think some FP models also either didn't have chest clips, and/or the use of a chest clip was optional.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC