Am I stupid? Where is the "pocket" for the Britax manual?

BMWBig6

I just acquired a new Britax Boulevard and can't for the life of me figure out where I'm supposed to stow the owner's manual. The manual says:

Store this User Guide in pocket behind cover.

But where exactly is this pocket (does anybody have a photograph)? Do they mean just tucking it behind the seat cover (cushioned upholstery) where it could get wet from pee? Or somewhere else?

[Side note, I love the holiday theme on the "New Thread" and "Post Reply" buttons!]

ADS

cupcakepirate11

If its the new Gen britax I actually just found the pocket myself. It is in the seat back when you pull it forward for a seat belt install the part that tucks under the harness portion
Hope I explained it well!

KaiLing

And yes, if it's an older one it tucks under the foam right in the pee zone. I think of that every time I run into one of those.

squishles10

I found it when I washed the cover. It's in the top part that hangs down behind their back. It actually has a pic/label you can clearly see if it's not actually on the seat.

BMWBig6

And yes, if it's an older one it tucks under the foam right in the pee zone. I think of that every time I run into one of those.

I think mine is a "newer" model, it says Boulevard 70 CS. Not sure if they are different but I'll look.

I found it when I washed the cover. It's in the top part that hangs down behind their back. It actually has a pic/label you can clearly see if it's not actually on the seat.

Oh wow, there is actually a label? What does it say, "insert user guide here"? I didn't see one with the cover on, but it sounds like I have to take the cover off to find it (unless someone has a phone pic they can post).

That reminds me, is everybody really hand-washing the covers per the instructions? Or is it probably safe to throw it in the washer on the Delicate/Gentle cycle and hang/drip dry? We've used the gentle cycle and even the low-heat delicate dryer on other car seat covers (whose instructions say to remove the covers "promptly."

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You don't have to take the cover off, but get it out of the way as if you're opening it up to find the lockoffs. You'll see a yellow tab that's a little cheat sheet, and I think it may say manual storage there, but I'm not sure.

Wendy

blueindigo

I could not find the pocket either. But, I tried to find it again now and did. Pictures are of a RA 55, but hopefully it is the same for the other newer Britax models.

First picture, pulling back the cover on the back of the seat. You can see the symbol for the manual storage
View attachment 14725

Second picture, I am pulling apart the pocket where the manual goes.
View attachment 14727

Hope that helped.

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Great pictures. You can clearly see the label on the second picture of the person reading a book, that's where the manual goes.

A RA55 IS a newer Britax. :) The Boulevard 70 will have the same exact pocket in the same spot.

Wendy

java

I found the pocket the hard way....it had a paper in it that explained the lockoffs. I washed the cover for the first time and I couldn't figure out where they heck all these tiny pieces of paper came from! Then I saw it....a wad of instructions in a pocket in the washed cover. OOPS!:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC