Question Agile escaping 3yo

mamabearof3

My very trim, flexible & agile RF 3.25yo has started unbuckling or sliding the chest clip down and putting her arms out of the straps of her new Contender while on the road. I thought our talks about safety had worked & it had stopped as she wasn't getting out anymore until her sister saw her chilling with her arms out on the freeway.

What are my options outside of FFing her or putting her in a buttoned up shirt with sewn up sleeves? I wanted to RF her until spring & getting in & out of the car is such a challenge as it is. She is a fourth child & we have places we have to be. Ugh!

She is behind the driver so my kids & the carpool kids can load safely passenger side of my 8 passenger Odyssey. Is there a mirror I can safely use to keep an eye on her? Or are they a danger due to rebound?

Thanks,
Mama bear to 4
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

babyherder

Hopefully the button up shirt with sewn up sleeves would only last for a few rides until she decides it's better to keep her arms in the harness than have to wear the shirt. When my nanny girl did this I got a soft mirror. Once she knew I could see her she stopped trying to escape pretty quick.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC