Advertisements as posts?

AtTheSouthDam

Am I the only one seeing this? I didn't see anything in Announcement and guidelines... They seem to flickering at the moment. Here then gone and making me question my sanity...

ADS

lynsgirl

I was just searching for an answer to this. There is one right below your post, as a matter of fact. Glad I am not going nuts :p.

NVMBR02

I'm seeing them too. I logged out and then logged in again and they are still their. I was just going to look around for threads about it when I saw this one.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I'm doing some testing right now. Once I am done, they will not appear for Community Members, only Vistors and new/basic members.

Previously, this ad placement appeared within the first post itself for visitors, such that it looked like the original poster had incuded it in their post. This is a much nicer looking alternative.

Can a subscriber please verify that they do not see these ads that appear for them as the second post in a thread at all?

Also, can someone with the android/iPhone app let me know if they see anything related to this change?

Unfortunately, ads are basically necessary to pay the bills. Given the loss of sponsors this year and the increased cost of the upgrade coming within the next few weeks, this change may offset the difference if it works as well as I suspect. As I said, it's really just a move from the previous location so it won't take up any more vertical space than before, though I am adding two banners of the same size side-by-side.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm still seeing them as the 2nd post in every thread. I checked several in CMC and Car Seat Chat.

sunnymw

i am using the iphone skin but not the app, and it just looks like a huge ad banner under the first post. also, while the entire screen on this skin is always zoomed appropriately, threads with ads now show up zoomed out and i have to manually zoom in.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I'm still seeing them as the 2nd post in every thread. I checked several in CMC and Car Seat Chat.

As of a few moments ago, community members should no longer see these ads.

i am using the iphone skin but not the app, and it just looks like a huge ad banner under the first post. also, while the entire screen on this skin is always zoomed appropriately, threads with ads now show up zoomed out and i have to manually zoom in.

I'll see if I can remove from the iPhone skin somehow. It doesn't appear to affect the mobile skin.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Admin said:
Since you are a subscriber, what happens if you logout on the app?

Trying to find my son's iPod Touch but cant :/

If I log out on the app, I do get an ad between the first and second post.

FWIW, it's impossible to miss, yet rather unobtrusive, which is how ads should be, IMHO.

NVMBR02

Since I seem to be having trouble with my phone...

I was not seeing the ads then right ater I posted they showed up for me and now they are gone again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC