AAA Car care center carseat checks

Malka

Does anyone know if the people who do the car seat checks at the AAA Car Care Center in Springfield NJ are actual techs? I'm rearranging and reinstalling my seats for this newest baby and I want to get them checked. Is there a better place to go in/near Union County, NJ?

ADS

mommyx4

I'm not sure. My family lives in Kenilworth (I was raised in Springfield...small world) and has taken seats to AAA and you basically hand them your seat and they install. They are definitely not C-S.ORG techs. Lol

jordansmom

I have been to their open checks twice...I can't comment on what their training is, but I can say they require you to attempt to install your seats and then they go over your install and correct anything that is needed. The first time I went I was clueless and pregnant with DS1 and they finished the install for me, but certainly taught me how to do it correctly. The second time around was when I was pregnant with DS2 and trying to put two rearfacing seats next to each other. Unfortunately, the "techs" solution to me was to put DS1's seat ffing since he was "almost two". I haven't had the need to go back since c-s.org has educated me fully!

This thread has techs listed that are members here and might help you find someone in your area:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=59135

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC