A couple of questions

horseymom

What scale do you go by? DS weighs 28.8lbs on our home scale and today at the health unit he weighed 30lbs. Even though DD is 46lbs at home and 45lbs at the clinic:confused: I think something might be wrong with my scale, b/c I got weighed at a doc app. yesterday too and I was 10 lbs more heavy!:eek::thumbsdown: but there is NO way DS is 38lbs!! KWIM?

I noticed the other when DD was in her FR the crotch buckele I had set at the second slot but she is actually slightly behind the first one closet to her. should I move it? or is it ok where it is?

ADS
IME DRs scales weight you heavier than you actually are by 5 -10 lbs.. I remember I had worked my butt off loosing 30 lbs once, and I went from 150 to 120 I went to the dr for an apt about a month later (I had not gained any weight back, and they weighed me at 138, I was crying my eyes out, I was so upset.. I went home and I weighed 120 again, I was so mad at them for making me feel so badly about it.

I have to loose weight again, much more than 30 lbs this time, I refuse to go to the dr till I do cause their scale will just make it worse lol. (I gained a LOT of weight with Nolan)

christineka

Get a more accurate scale? I did some research and the balance arm scales with the weights that you move are supposed to be the most accurate. Dd weighed 47 pounds on one at the doctor's office. She weighs 57 pounds at home. Our regular doctor's office uses digital scales, but I am going to rely on them and switch ds out of his seat when he gets to 29 pounds (or close) on the doctor's scale.

Now I tend to gain tons of weight (50-60 pounds) when pg. I refused to step on the scale this time. I stepped on my scale a few days after dd was born. It said I weighed only 10 pounds more than before pregnancy. I don't think so. (I'm feeling squished in maternity pants.) I played around and got the scale to add on another 10 pounds.

Some day when I have $150 I'm going to buy a balance beam scale.

horseymom

Get a more accurate scale? I did some research and the balance arm scales with the weights that you move are supposed to be the most accurate. Dd weighed 47 pounds on one at the doctor's office. She weighs 57 pounds at home. Our regular doctor's office uses digital scales, but I am going to rely on them and switch ds out of his seat when he gets to 29 pounds (or close) on the doctor's scale.

Now I tend to gain tons of weight (50-60 pounds) when pg. I refused to step on the scale this time. I stepped on my scale a few days after dd was born. It said I weighed only 10 pounds more than before pregnancy. I don't think so. (I'm feeling squished in maternity pants.) I played around and got the scale to add on another 10 pounds.

Some day when I have $150 I'm going to buy a balance beam scale.

I just bought this scale :whistle: It's a Salter, which I thought was a good one. The doctors office has one of the manual scales

abigaylebelle

We've had good luck with the cheap scales that have a dial you have to set to 0 each time. One of them always reports a few ounces heavier than the other one but it's only noticeable when putting the cat on there. Everyone's weight fluctuates a little based on fluids, time of day, clothing, etc. I choose not to be weighed at the doctor because I'm tired of being told what I am "supposed" to weigh.

momto2princes

What scale do you go by? DS weighs 28.8lbs on our home scale and today at the health unit he weighed 30lbs. Even though DD is 46lbs at home and 45lbs at the clinic:confused: I think something might be wrong with my scale, b/c I got weighed at a doc app. yesterday too and I was 10 lbs more heavy!:eek::thumbsdown: but there is NO way DS is 38lbs!! KWIM?

I noticed the other when DD was in her FR the crotch buckele I had set at the second slot but she is actually slightly behind the first one closet to her. should I move it? or is it ok where it is?

The one pound difference at the clinic scale isn't too bad. I would test your scale. If you have a hand weight or something that you know the exact weight of put it on the scale then you will know how accurate your scale is.

The key usually is to always weigh on the same scale at the same time of day. I know for me I can fluctuate almost 5 pounds from morning to night.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC