8yr expiration?

ADS

trailrunnermom

One is Fisher-Price (the Safe Embrace seats they were making up until 2001).

Not sure about the new F-P/Britax -- I'll check my manual and see if it lists an expiration.

mamato2

Thanks, I had Fisher Price in the back of my head. I know someone who went to a seat check yesterday at our school and she was told her seat had expired. I talked to her today and she mentioned that it was 6 yrs old. I 'think' the seat IS a Fisher Price. Her 2 yr old is in it. It was a hand me down from a sibling, either a 7 yr old or 5 yr old.
I'd like to be able to mention to her that it might NOT be expired but where could she go to find out for sure? I doubt she has a manual, and might not remember the 'name' of the seat, but I can ask her.

C.

Ahzryn

I'd like to be able to mention to her that it might NOT be expired but where could she go to find out for sure? I doubt she has a manual, and might not remember the 'name' of the seat, but I can ask her.

C.

Actually, ironically, this is one of the many reasons seats expire. If she doesn't have the user manual and the labels on the seat have worn off to the point she cannot read the make, model, date of manufacturer, and contact phone number on the seat, then it should be replaced regardless of age.

mamato2

I was thinking of that too! I was wavering between giving her the info. or not, and letting her just use their other seat which is newer.
I know today at the check I went to they looked for manufacture dates and looked seats up for possible recalls as well. There may well have been another reason they told her it was 'expired', but I'm thinking they didn't know of Fisher Price's policy.
C.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC