Question 5 Point Harness Booster Seat

U

Unregistered

Hi,
My son has outgrown his car seat (2.5 years old) and I'm looking to buy the next stage. My husband is pretty tall and many of these car seats / boosters allow little leg room for husband and child. We have a toyota corolla, (Our baby is in a car seat behind the passengers side). I am looking at the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat, Matrix. Do you have any recommendations or suggestions?
Thank you,
Debbie

ADS

rosey2007

Welcome to CSO. If it at all possible its best to keep your child rear facing as long as possible. There are many seats that rear face up to 45 pounds.
If rear facing isn't a possibility I would recommend going to Baby's R Us and try out several car seats in you car to see which one you like best. I currently have a Graco Nautilus and really like the seat. I used it for my oldest son and now have my second son using it.

henrietta

Hi,
My son has outgrown his car seat (2.5 years old) and I'm looking to buy the next stage. My husband is pretty tall and many of these car seats / boosters allow little leg room for husband and child. We have a toyota corolla, (Our baby is in a car seat behind the passengers side). I am looking at the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat, Matrix. Do you have any recommendations or suggestions?
Thank you,
Debbie

Hi and welcome!!!

The Graco Nautilus is a wonderful seat for most kids. ;) But it's really helpful to know which seat he's outgrowing and how (by height or by weight) and his size. That way, we can help you find a seat that works well for him for a long time and doesn't end up being a short term purchase. For example, if he just outgrew a Cosco Scenera, a Graco Nautilus is an excellent choice to keep him harnessed and then converts to a booster..BUT if he just outgrew a Britax Marathon at ONLY 2.5 years old, the Nautilus may not keep him harnessed to a safe booster age and another option would be preferred. :)

We'd also like to know if you are open to keeping him rear facing and if you'd like suggestions that could work for him that way (but of course, that depends on his stats). ;)

Again! Welcome and we're glad to help you keep your little man safe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC