4 Adults + 3 Kids in 2007 Odyssey

wnkw

How would you arrange 4 Adults + 3 Kids in 2007 Odyssey? We have the eighth seat, but I was thinking it be more comfortable to take it out and have two adults sit in the middle row. I can get a seat if I NEED to, but this wouldn't usually happen.

6.5yo- Frontier or TB
Almost 2yo- RF BLVD
3yo {same size as my 2yo}- FF BLVD {or similar/wish they'd rf her}

Is there any way to work those seats {preferably FR not TB} in the third row? Or a way to do it and slide a middle seat forward since we'd have stuff in the very back?

Also, I know there is a thread about the eighth seat. Is there one about what ppl have fit in both rows? I could possibly need the seats above plus another rf, but only two adults {so I know it would be possible, just wondering what would be easiest}

ADS

wnkw

Or what two seats would work with only part of the back seat up? We could put two adults and rf blvd in center..

DawgDad

This is tricky with the seats you have...Boulevards and Frontiers are a little on the larger size and the 2007 Odyssey isn't as wide as the new 2011+ model series. I am not sure if you can fit the RF Boulevard in the 8th seat (middle of second row) and then a FF Boulevard on the outbound seat (either passenger or driver side). Then, still be able to slide the empty second row seat back so that the 6 year old can get in the back in her Frontier. That way you have an adult on the 3rd row and one in the second row.

You could stick the two oldest in the 3rd row and try the RF Boulevard in the side captain with the middle & other captain left for the adults. Are the adults large? Could you trade the 2007 in for a 2012? If you had the newer model, you wouldn't have any trouble putting your current car seats in anywhere in the car. The biggest concern is having room for those car seats PLUS still allowing one of the captain chairs in the second row to slide.

If a new car isn't an option and none of those configs can work, then it looks like we need some different seats.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
A rfing Radian usually lives in the center 3rd row LATCH position of my 07 Oddy. You can fit an adult next to it on the driver's side, but only the skinniest of rear ends will fit next to it passenger side.

I'd put the Frontier in the 3rd row and the rfing seat on the plus one for sure. Then if one of the adults is fairly agile, one adult in the 3rd row with the 6yo, load both 6yo and adult by having them climb over the tumbled 40 side of the 3rd row and then putting the seat back up while that adult buckles the frontier child up (make sure to remember to raise the head restraint).

Alternately, put the 3yo in the 3rd row with the 6yo, and recline one of the captain's chairs rather than folding it forward to let them climb in and to give you room to reach over and buckle them up.

stephpook

I don't have experience with the Frontier or the BLVD in the third row of an '07 Ody, but I have tried a variety of 3-across configurations with other seats and I can tell you that it's not an easy thing to do - especially with a booster in the mix. I'm going to guess that you won't get the Frontier back there as part of any three across, and if it's as wide as I've heard, sitting an adult back there with it and a harnessed seat isn't going to be easy either.

Some combination of FF BLVD/RF BLVD/TB may work in the third row depending on how well the seats puzzle. Then you could put the two adults in the second row.

If that doesn't work, I'd try either some combination of TB, BLVD, and adult in the third row and the other BLVD in one of the second row captain's chairs or some combination of BLVD, BLVD, adult in the third row and the Frontier in one of the captain's chairs.

I've sat in the third row of our '07 Ody a number of times - most often in between two boosters. I did sit in the passenger side outboard next to a RF Scenera on the way back from Disney World a couple years ago too (getting into the seat was interesting). Even sitting between a HB Monterey and an Incognito is a tight squeeze (and I'm average-sized) - both in terms sitting in the seat and shoulder room between the two. It's not at all comfortable, but it is doable. If you do put an adult back there with two seats, I'd recommend putting the adult next to the RF seat to allow for increased shoulder room.

I've never used the eighth seat for a car seat, but there is a successful install thread floating around somewhere that may give you some ideas. I definitely wouldn't have an adult sit there for any length of time though.

Hope that helps at least a little bit.

wnkw

This is tricky with the seats you have...Boulevards and Frontiers are a little on the larger size and the 2007 Odyssey isn't as wide as the new 2011+ model series. I am not sure if you can fit the RF Boulevard in the 8th seat (middle of second row) and then a FF Boulevard on the outbound seat (either passenger or driver side). Then, still be able to slide the empty second row seat back so that the 6 year old can get in the back in her Frontier. That way you have an adult on the 3rd row and one in the second row.

You could stick the two oldest in the 3rd row and try the RF Boulevard in the side captain with the middle & other captain left for the adults. Are the adults large? Could you trade the 2007 in for a 2012? If you had the newer model, you wouldn't have any trouble putting your current car seats in anywhere in the car. The biggest concern is having room for those car seats PLUS still allowing one of the captain chairs in the second row to slide.

If a new car isn't an option and none of those configs can work, then it looks like we need some different seats.

New car DEFINITELY is NOT an option. It doesn't HAVE to work.. it would just be nice if the BIL and SIL went somewhere with us to save on gas..
Right now I have the BLVD rf middle and a FR in middle passenger - both on the second row..

wnkw

A rfing Radian usually lives in the center 3rd row LATCH position of my 07 Oddy. You can fit an adult next to it on the driver's side, but only the skinniest of rear ends will fit next to it passenger side.

I'd put the Frontier in the 3rd row and the rfing seat on the plus one for sure. Then if one of the adults is fairly agile, one adult in the 3rd row with the 6yo, load both 6yo and adult by having them climb over the tumbled 40 side of the 3rd row and then putting the seat back up while that adult buckles the frontier child up (make sure to remember to raise the head restraint).

Alternately, put the 3yo in the 3rd row with the 6yo, and recline one of the captain's chairs rather than folding it forward to let them climb in and to give you room to reach over and buckle them up.

The problem with going thru the hatch is luggage. If we did it, it would be for vacation.. I was hoping I could do the older two in the third row on the sixty side. and let them hop over. The 6yo could buckle the three yo.

wnkw

It'd probably be easier if I had the cash for a Radian, and wasn't anti radian. I had one for my 6yo a few years ago, but got rid of it during the whole latch and change name thing.. idk.. just can't make myself trust them..

MommyShannon

I'd try Blvd rf drivers side 3rd row with the 2 adults back there too. The Frontier and other Blvd in Captain's seats.
ETA: you could also try FF blvd in the 3rd row passenger side+2 adults so 1 adult is on the 40% seat. All the 3 acrosses I've done back there involved an adult or a Harmony youth booster which I'm assuming you don't want to use and a Britax convertible. The Britax seats puzzle well over the armrests of the 3rd row and with the youth booster. The base gives more room for the person's legs beside it too. I have a MA70 FF on passenger side right now +2 youth boosters when DD's friend rides with us. Maybe I can try sitting in it tomorrow.

MommyShannon

Ok, curiosity got to me. I sat in the middle with the MA70 on the passenger side FF. I'm 5'3" and a size 12. I would have been fine with a person beside me on the 40%, but I'd have to like the person, lol. It'd be a nice chance to be cozy with DH but I'm thinking if both men sat back there instead of spouses it'd be awkward.

View attachment 25210

Here's what I mean about the seat fitting well.

henrietta

if your 6.5 year old is sturdy and weighs over 60 lbs, a $20 Safety First Incognito may work in one of the center positions as long as there is a headrest there. A bubblebum, harmony youth/lightrider (or even one of their highbacks-very small), or cosco topside may puzzle nicely next to the boulevards (esp rearfacing). those are all cheap options...good to have an extra booster around anyways.

revz22

CPST Instructor
The incognito is wide, though. A Bubble Bum or a Boost-a-Pak would fit in the narrowest of seating positions. I used both in the 2nd row center of my Odyssey this week (newer body style).

henrietta

The incognito is wide, though. A Bubble Bum or a Boost-a-Pak would fit in the narrowest of seating positions. I used both in the 2nd row center of my Odyssey this week (newer body style).

I think it would depend a lot on what you have to put next to it. The back of it, near where you buckle is very, very narrow. The front part is not really *that* wide. But I would also think the Bubble Bum would be more likely to work in a lot of situations. This one included.

wnkw

Thanks guys. I'll look into it tomorrow. At hospital with the 1yo that's dehydrated and shaking..which is a big deal considering she drinks 5 gallons a day!

I really don't like the idea of the 6yo on a booster as she has a hard time sleeping in a HB. She is 60 lbs and will be 7 September 11.We might just have to take two vehicles..

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC