4.5yo in a Evenflo Triiumph??

diaperjoys

We'll be travelling this summer, and my SIL has a Evenflo Triumph Deluxe available for us to use once we arrive. Would my 4yo fit in that? She's 42 in. tall, and I think she's closing in on 40 lbs.

Thanks!

ADS

StillThankful

Yes. DD1 still fits in hers and she is 5.5 and 46.25". However, it really depends on the torso height of your little one. The EFTA's go up to a torso height of 16.5 to 17".

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I would imagine she'd fit. Any way you can run to a store sometime and try her in one? Just to see? My 5yo fits with plenty of room but she's got a shorter torso.

ETA: Is it the EFTA? Or the older Deluxe? Make sure it's a 50lb seat and check the expiration. I think most of the Deluxe versions are expired (or darn close).

henrietta

We'll be travelling this summer, and my SIL has a Evenflo Triumph Deluxe available for us to use once we arrive. Would my 4yo fit in that? She's 42 in. tall, and I think she's closing in on 40 lbs.

Thanks!

Well, if it's the older ET Deluxe that only goes to 40 lbs, I would say not likely. We had one, and while the top slots were good and tall, ds outgrew it around 3.5-4 yrs old I think...and he's not that tall. A little long torsoed, but not that tall. In the EFTA, which goes to 50 lbs, the top slots are a good 1.5-2 inches taller than the old version, so if your child fits in a Britax seat that goes to 65 lbs, SK/Diono Radian, or a Learning Curve True Fit, he should fit.

If the harness adjuster knobs are yellow, then it's an older 40 lbs limit seat. If they are red, it's the EFTA, and it should be okay. My 39" tall kiddo w/a super long torso has room to grow in it (he wears a 4/5 shirt).

hths

henrietta

mdsvc89

My nearly 5 year old (April 29) still fits well in his Evenflo Triumph Advance, with room on the shoulders. He needs a size 4 or 5 shirt, too.

If you can find one in a store to try it's probably worthwhile.

Michelle

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC