Question 3 yr old and cosco..

doodlebugs25

im buying carseats for my 5 month old and 3 yr old for the grandparents and target has the cosco scennera on sale and i was going to get 2..would this last my 3 yr old a while..hes about 28 lbs and 75% in height..:)

ADS

Mae

You sound like you have quite the little guy there! The Scenera has top slots that measure about 14.75" . It sounds like it'll fit him a while, but if you are bit more curious, you could have him sit in the seat and see how close his shoulders are to the top slot (just realize it may slightly change when it's installed versus sitting on the floor at walmart).

You could also have him sit criss-cross-applesauce against the wall with his bum touching the wall. Then measure how tall his torso is, from his bum (the floor) to his shoulders. That'll give you an idea of how much room he'll have left.

Weight and how tall/long their torso is, is what matters when we're talking about forward facing seats. You just want to make sure that he is within the weight limit, and his shoulders are never over the harness slots - the harness should be "at or above" the kiddo's shoulders when forward facing, but "at or below" when rear facing. :)

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
If he is goin gto be ff, I would get the evenflo meastro. It will last you a lot longer. It has 18" top slots, 50# weight for harness. And turns into a highback booster. It costs about $80 and is sold at target and sears.

tsk_mum

If he is goin gto be ff, I would get the evenflo meastro. It will last you a lot longer. It has 18" top slots, 50# weight for harness. And turns into a highback booster. It costs about $80 and is sold at target and sears.

hey I think I know you :p
this is the seat I bought for Tori for our spare in DH car & grandparent car ... I have it here & the scenera if you want to come over and try them out:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC