3 children in Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?

W

WhyNot

Our family needs a second car, and DH desperately wants a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. It sounds awesome (we loved our Cherokee Sport for years and years), but when I think of safety of children in the backseat, I am concerned. We have three children, ages 5 and under. Right now in our minivan the older two are in Britax Marathon carseats (yes, the 5yo is in a carseat bc it's safer) and the youngest in a RF Britax Roundabout.

DH will primarily drive it himself to work, but on the weekends wants to take the kids for adventures in national forest land. I'm concerned about the highway ride to get there; how safe is the backseat of an Unlimited and can 3 carseats fit there? Or two boosters and a carseat?

Thank you soooooo much!
S.

ADS

skipspin

It will work in an 07 Unlimited (4 doors) but not in an 06 Unlimited (two doors.) There are only two seatbelts in the back of a two door, but there are three in the back of the four-door.

Right now I have a Britax Wizard RFing, Radian FFing and Parkway (for a friend) in the backseat of my JK (That's the model name for "new" body style Jeeps starting in 07.) There's quite a bit of room in the back seat. PM me if you'd like some pictures. I am totally comfortable in our JK as it's my daily driver and my two kids are always with me. It's IMO just as safe as any other like-equiped SUV. We have a 97 TJ as well and love it, but with only two doors and no cargo room it's really hard for me to drive every day, so we traded in my vehicle for the JK and love it.

Oh, and lots of us here have 5 yr olds in harnessed seats, so you'll fit right in!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC