Question 3 Car seat Connundrum

K

klh2208

I'm in a bit of a bind. I am looking for a minivan or large-ish SUV that will fit 2 rf in the second row (a convertible and infant bucket), with a third booster in the third row.
I am having trouble finding something that will allow my oldest to travel to the back seat unimpeded while still allowing me to reach the two littles in the second row and have some semblance of normal seat positioning for the adults in the front.
We had looked at the Quest, but it seems like it is not going to work, the Odyssey seems like a possibility if we remove or fold down one of the outboard 2nd row seats. Any thoughts ladies?!

We have:
Chicco keyfit
Britax Roundabout
Britax Frontier

ADS

smileyblue4

I believe in the blog review, Kecia found that the Keyfit fits in the middle 2nd row seat of the Odyssey and allows the captain's chair to slide forward, allowing access to the 3rd row. You wouldn't have to take out any seats that way.

snwhit

We have the 2013 Odyssey and our chicco keyfit does fit in the middle row, middle seat, and you can slide the outside seat back and forth to get to rear. Ours is next to a Britax Frontier 90 and they fit together fine.

You should know, however, that if you want to keep a kiddo there RF in a convertible that not all seats will work. Based on the reviews I've seen here, the Foonf and newest Britax will, nextfit won't, older Britax Marathon won't, and Radian has issues (some can't get it to work, others say they got a good install). I am still deciding what seat to switch to so I haven't personally tried them yet. This is my biggest frustration with the vehicle, as I thought with the seat having latch and being wider than previous Odysseys it would work for any seat I wanted to put there.

I'm in a bit of a bind. I am looking for a minivan or large-ish SUV that will fit 2 rf in the second row (a convertible and infant bucket), with a third booster in the third row.
I am having trouble finding something that will allow my oldest to travel to the back seat unimpeded while still allowing me to reach the two littles in the second row and have some semblance of normal seat positioning for the adults in the front.
We had looked at the Quest, but it seems like it is not going to work, the Odyssey seems like a possibility if we remove or fold down one of the outboard 2nd row seats. Any thoughts ladies?!

We have:
Chicco keyfit
Britax Roundabout
Britax Frontier

I have a ford flex with captains chairs. I have a keyfit and nextfit in the two captains chairs and a roundabout in the 3rd row. Works perfect for us. I do not have to uninstall and reinstall seats because of the captain chairs and I can see my son in the third row very easily.

kathysr98

I have a Ford Flex with a bench in the second row. The Keyfit and Roundabout would probably fit center & driver's side, allowing the passenger side folding seat to fold for third row access. You could also put the booster rider in the second row with the other two if you prefer. The seat folds either by pushing a button or using a lever on the seat, so it's quite easy. All of the headrests either fold or can be removed for easier car seat installation as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC