3 across out growing Combi Corocco

dimsumdaddy

I'm currently doing 3 across with:

SK Radian 65
Combi Corocco
Combi Kobuk

It's working because the Corocco (and the carrier before that) has a narrow base and the side bolsters are raised, which allows it to puzzle the other two.

The problem is that my youngest will outgrow the Corocco soon. I'm looking for suggestions of how to get a bigger seat that still can puzzle the same way. We have a Britax Roundabout in the "real" family car, and I'm considering using that as the Corocco replacement. But this too will be out grown eventually. I have another Radian, but although the base is narrow, the side bolsters are NOT. This makes the Radians not like being side by side at all.

In addition, my eldest is rather petite, so she'll be in some kind of car seat for a LONG time. My 2nd is already catching up to her and my youngest will eventually.

As my 3 get bigger, what seats might be used to puzzle 3 car seats together?

I'm hoping not to go backless on the booster.

ADS

StPaulMom

What vehicle is this in?
And what are the kids ages/heights/weights? We can give you some more suggestions with that info :)

autumnlily

Which Roundabout do you have?

40lb FF limit (if it's the 40lb version it will be outgrown in height before the CCO)
50lb FF limit ~or~ the
55lb FF limit Roundabout

Is he too long or too heavy for the CCO?

A Radian and either a classic Britax seat or Cosco Scenera or Graco MyRide - when installed going the same direction - tend to puzzle extremely well together.

dimsumdaddy

Ages 7.5, 4.5, and almost 3. I'm not sure of weight/heights right now.

Youngest is outgrowing by height (I believe) because his shoulders are right at the top strap level. All my kids are skinny, so we've never had any of them outgrow by weight.

As for the roundabout... I'll have to check later.

This is a 3 across that goes into either a Subaru Impreza, or a Lexus RX330. (obviously the impreza is the smaller car)

Lastly, we also have Graco CarGo's in the van which I can swap out.

Isn't the Britax "classic" several years old?

autumnlily

The Britax Classic stopped being manufactured in 08/2010 (if I recall correctly)... they aren't dinosaurs yet ;)

Okay, it sounds like they are all forward facing installations. So, I would dump my suggestion on the MyRide and considering that the youngest is 3, I'd dump the Scenera recommendation also.

Gosh, I'd look at the Evenflo Maestro... it also puzzles well (not fantastic like the Britax classics) but well with the Radian. I did fit two Radians and Maestro in a 2005 Prius (all forward facing).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC