3 across in boosters in 3rd row 06 Pilot?

AnnieW625

I am assuming since there are three top tether spots in the back row this should work, but does anyone have any experience with this?

I know I should be able to do 2 back there easily, but told the coordinator I might potentially be able to do 3 across.

If it matters any I will most likely have at least an extra low back turbo booster, and a Safegaurd Go to use as a booster or harnessed seat, and total WCS I could put DD1 in the BLVD 70 ffing. I could also bring DD2's high back turbo from DH's car too. I would seriously think though that most of the kids are still in some sort of seat in their parents car, but I'd like to have extras if need be.

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I hesitate to say anything is impossible, but in this case, unfortunately I think what you're proposing is impossible.

The third row is 48" wide, with a 60/40 split; the 60 portion is only about 25" from buckle stalk to buckle stalk. I have gotten only a few combinations in there, and almost all of them involved a rearfacing Radian (which overhung the side of the seat by a bit.) Driver and center I had RF Radian/RF Myride, RF Radian/FF MyRide, RF Radian/RF Coccoro, RF Radian/FF Radian (very, very difficult install,) and Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster (extremely narrow booster)/FF Myride. I wedged in FF Radian/FF MR once, but I am not sure it was a truly independent install, so I can't in good conscience recommend it.

I'm not familiar with the Go, but there may be a VERY slight chance that you could get it outboard with the Boulevard in the center. It would be more likely with an original Boulevard than the 70, though, due to the shape of the seats.

The Turbo is not a good match for the 40 portion of that seat, either. I can't recall if it is inconvenient or incompatable, honestly... I only tried it once, and I think it covered the buckle, but it may have just been hard to buckle. You'll almost certainly need a different seat in that position.

On the upside, if you have any kids who are at least 8 and legal in your state to ride without a booster, they may 5-step back there. Unless you can fit the Go & Blvd, I would try the oldest/largest child next to the FF Blvd, and then maybe the Go on the 40?

Sorry I don't have better news for you, but I hope that helps. That third row and I have spent way more time together than I care to admit. :eek:

rxmommy

I wish I knew off the top of my head what the 3rd row of the Odyssey is. I'm sure it's bigger than the Pilot because a Turbo easily fits on the 40 split side, but even with that, I'm having troubles fitting 3 boosters there.

What I have gotten to fit and buckle (NOT with kids though!) is a Turbobooster, a Literider and a backless TB. I think a TB, a Literider and a Bubblebum would be ideal. Possibly even buckle-able by the children. My setup (I don't own a BB) would require creative (and/or painful by means of scraped hands!!) buckling by an adult or the booster staying buckled and the kid squeezing under.

I wish I knew of a good (cheap:eek:) backless booster that puzzled well with the Literider.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The trouble with the Pilot is not so much the overall width, but the split and the rigid buckle stalks in two of the seating position. There's just not much wiggle room. If you think about the fact that the Nautilus is what, 20", and even the narrowest seat in the Radian is 14", then it puts into perspective what "two seats in 25" means.

This is the 40 seat:

(Note the rigid, forward-angled buckle, which makes a seat like the Radian not fit well there. The ProSport and Monterey are the best fits I've found there, aside from RF seats.)

Here's the 60:

A RF Radian, with the toes of the boot against the plastic hinge and overhanging a bit outboard, comes to the edge of the patterned part. You also have to account for the bulky buckle between the seats, and the outboard seat not sitting on the lengthy buckle stalk for the center seating position.

I forgot totally about the Bubblebum. OP, if you can acquire one of those, it would probably be the answer to your problem. :)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC