3 across, Dodge Caliber, 2 RFing - maybe a Pacifica?

mom2bnjl

Hi all,

My kids currently ride in a Dodge Caliber (07) for about 3-4 miles a day (Dad drops them off at daycare/ rare days if the minivan is in the shop).

Our oldest daughter is 4, 33 lbs, 41 inches tall, and in a Britax Advocate CS FFing. Our younger kids are 19 months old, one is 27 lbs, 32-33 inches tall and one is 21 lbs, 33-34 inches tall. They are currently RFing in Combi CCOs, and are pretty cramped/unhappy in them. (Since the RFing limit is 33 lbs, and the 27 lbs was a naked weight at the doctor's office last month, I suspect we will reach the limits of that seat pretty quickly - and it's all over once they are in winter boots/fleeces/etc.)

It's a tight fit for those 3 seats, so I need something really small. I was thinking of ordering a Diono (120 or RTX - advice welcome) and a Foonf to play with for the little guys, and a Diono (120/RTX - again, advice welcome) and a Clek Oobr to play with for our bigger kid. Any other suggestions? We've tried the Scenera and it didn't seem that big RFing.

Our other choice is that I saw a used Pacifica that is about as much at the Dodge is worth, so maybe we could trade and then have more flexibility with seats.

Thoughts/ advice? Thanks!

ADS

A's Mommy

I had a Pacifica. Loved that car!! However, my second row was captain's chairs. I think a few models offered a bench seat in the second row. I mention this because the third row has basically no room. Just something to keep in mind.

actuallyamanda

I have a Pacifica now. Its the 6 seater version with captains chairs in the second row and a 2 seater bench in the 3rd row. I can tell you for sure that the 3rd row is not at all carseat friendly because the base of the seat has a deep incline. Now, if the version you mentioned is the 5 seater version with a full bench for the second row and no 3rd row seats then you will probably be able to find 3 carseats to fit. Even though its a crossover type vehicle, I find it be pretty roomy & comfortable. And I have 3 kids & one on the way so ours is very full!

mom2bnjl

Bummer - it's a used model, with the 3 row, so I was thinking it'd make our lives easier. I ordered the Foonf (gulp) and the Radian, and we'll see if I can make it work as a 3-across in the Caliber. I am guessing we'll need to replace the soon to be outgrown CCOs and our oldest daughter's Advocate CS to make it work - but cheaper than a new car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC