Question 2nd generation Sienna vs Odyssey

Mel281

I'm more confused than ever. Had my sights set on a 2006 Sienna Limited, then found out the engines in the 2007 are bigger(3.3L vs 3.5L). Then reading Edmunds, they say the Ody is a better all around pic. Don't know much about those except that the third row has only one set of lower anchors vs the two in the Sienna.

Can anyone help me compare the good and the bad for these two? I am looking at 2006 and newer, and mostly the higher end models. That means XLE or XLE limited in the Sienna, and the Touring or ExL in the Ody. Important features are back up camera, power doors and lift gate. I like the seat memory feature on the Sienna that I saw. Power and winter handling are very important as well.

We have the two kids in my siggy plus one due in June. I'd like to be able to transport my two nephews on rare occasions as well (3.5 and 1.5).
Thanks!

ADS

MommyShannon

We have a 2006 Ody Touring so it has power everything, Nav, DVD, etc. LOVE memory seats. Ours are actually based on the key fob so the seat moves when you unlock with your button. The 2006-2010 Tourings are 7 seaters. The EXLs have the 8th little seat. I can't comment on winter driving since we got 9" of snow last week and life here stopped, lol. I would pick it again BUT for a few years ('05-'09 I think) on the higher trim Odys came with PAX run flat tires, HORRIBLE! They ride rough, wear out fast, cost a fortune, and nobody has the special equipment to replace them. So, if you get a flat, you can drive 50 miles but then you are stuck for a few days waiting for them to send a new wheel and tire. We "de-PAXed" ours for about $650 for new rims and then the cost of normal tires. It's great now, just something to be aware of. http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=653633

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC