2014 Peg Perego Convertible

athuyghe

In case anyone is like me in holding off making a purchase so close to the end of the year for fear of something better coming out right after...

I previously posted a link to the Peg Perego 2014 catalog that is on their website. I saw some things in there that made we want to wait until the 2014 seats are available. I contacted the ever so helpful Amy about some questions I had. I thought I'd share what I learned. Here are some of the answers I received to my questions that I think may be helpful to some of you...

• "The Atmosphere appears to be a black on black pattern. It is darker than the Crystal Black. The Aquamarine is teal and black."

• "The 2014 seats will not have the anti rebound bar, they will have the anti rebound strap for when it is in rear facing mode." "The catalog shows what is available in both the United States and Canada. On the page for the anti-rebound bar it should say available in Canada only."

• "The tether can be used in forward or rear facing." "Yes the anti-rebound strap would be similar to the tether, however the anti-rebound strap wraps around the passenger’s seat front bar that the seat slides on."

My question was "Is the anti-rebound strap you mention the same as using the tether (both for rear facing) or are they two different things?" Still not clear on whether it's a separate thing - sounds like the "anti-rebound strap" is just using the original tether to hook to the front seat floor rail rather than the back of the seat tether anchor. (Maybe I should have worded my question differently?)​

• "The Clima cover does appear to be available in the United States, but at this time I do not have a date. This means that it probably won’t be before March/April 2014."

Hope this is useful to somebody! :)

Last edited:
ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Is the anti rebound strap something other than using the tether in rf mode? Wonder why they are nixing it? I covet seats with arb...

The bar is destroying the covers so they need to so a design change to the bar, the seat, something. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

And I wonder if the bar is being ditched for Canada as well and replaced with the "strap". Would be nice to know if the strap is something different than the tether as a rear tether can't be required here. I assume the seat needs something to pass our rebound standards here, else we wouldn't have had the ARB in the first place.

Last edited:

YinzerMama

I've read about the cover issues but you'd think they'd redesign the cover rather than take away a desirable feature. I had a Britax with an ARB eons ago and as I recall the cover had sort of a flap sewn in it with neat edges for the bar to come out, then you just stored it for ff. That was ages ago, though - I could be remembering wrong.

There is no bar on the US version so I am assuming this has to apply to canadian?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I've read about the cover issues but you'd think they'd redesign the cover rather than take away a desirable feature.

If this strap thing is new, and isn't the tether, it's not removing a feature, it would be a different method to provide the same feature.

The bar just folds under the seat and then flips out for use. They either need to redesign the bar so it doesn't press on the front of the seat, redesign the seat so it doesn't come in contact with the bar, make a cut out in the cover where the bar touches the front of the seat (not sure if that would cause issues with the bar wearing the seat plastic then) or add something less destructible to the cover where the bar contacts it.

There is no bar on the US version so I am assuming this has to apply to canadian?

The USA customer service doesn't typically comment on the Canadian seats. I had questions and Canadian customer service wasn't getting back to me, and the USA reps would not comment on anything with regards to Canadian models. They would only refer to the USA models. They said they did not have information on Canadian models or features and I had to speak to the Canadian customer service.

I know that I heard earlier this year, that the ARB was going to be added to USA models so I took the comment in the original post to mean that he USA wouldn't be getting the ARB, but instead the strap. My interpretation doesn't really jive with her wording though.

I'm not able to make calls during their business hours so maybe someone else can call USA customer service and find out what the "strap" is and then maybe someone can call Canadian customer service and find out if the ARB is being replaced with another option or remaining. I almost like it better when reps don't give out any information until the seats are physically in their hands. Giving out info open to interpretation and speculation just gets everyone panties in a knot. :ROTFLMAO:

YinzerMama

See, I think of the arb as a huge feature and anything strappy as a huge step back. I hate the messy look of straps hanging in the car, having to remove molding to find a spot to attach, etc. I much prefer the bar. So it may do the same thing but it wouldn't be my top choice. Just opinion, though, I know.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I agree that I prefer a bar over a tether, but the original comments made it sound like the rebound strap was different from the rear tether, so maybe it attaches nothing like a rear tether. Or maybe the rep just has confusing terminology and is referring to a rear tether. Who knows.

Hasn't anyone called yet to clarify? LOL

I just want to know since I may be needing another and want to know if I should be waiting for the 2014 model or snapping up current model while they're available. :)

Chila88

I should be in the shower....or cleaning the kitchen or something. But instead I find myself on hold with Peg Canada.......:p

Chila88

Okay....the anti-rebound bar stays for Canada.

I asked about the ARB poking holes in the cover and he could not confirm or deny if they had made any changes to the ARB on the 2014 model to prevent the issue.

I asked if I could put a piece of felt fabric or something between the cover and the bar on my new 2013 seat to prevent the holes, and he checked and came back and said that would be okay....just nothing too terribly thick, but that the seat should not be puncturing holes in the cover :rolleyes:

He said cover replacement is offered for 12 months if I do get holes, and if I get a new cover I can keep the old one to continue to use while rear facing and save the new one for use when I forward face later down the road.

Techno, have you posted pics of your holes and the part on the ARB that pokes them? If so, can you link me? If not, could you post some so I know where to place my fabric? Thanks!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Techno, have you posted pics of your holes and the part on the ARB that pokes them? If so, can you link me? If not, could you post some so I know where to place my fabric? Thanks!!

Yes I think I did in Canadian forum. I'll see if I can find it. Basically it's exactly where the edge of the bar meets the seat on both sides of the bar. The seat isn't puncturing holes in the cover, as the Peg guy said, pretty sure it's just from the friction of the plastic bar on the fabric, wears the fabric out.

Canadiangie said all the Peg display models at a baby store she was at, all had the holes in the cover from the bar so apparently it doesn't take much. Doesn't even have to be installed it seems.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Here is the thread http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=254094

And note that my cover was placed on August 8 and I still haven't received my replacement cover. Additionally, I found a warranty information seat that came with my seat and it says that car seats are warrantied for 6 months I think it is. It also says fabrics are for 90 days but I think that applies to strollers, etc. Interesting.

Chila88

Is interesting. I remember there being a question about 6 or 12 months. (So obviously I've read the other thread before LOL) which is why I specifically asked.

If it's just friction then there is hope that perhaps a piece of fabric will help.

I'll keep you posted!

Here is the thread http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=254094 And note that my cover was placed on August 8 and I still haven't received my replacement cover. Additionally, I found a warranty information seat that came with my seat and it says that car seats are warrantied for 6 months I think it is. It also says fabrics are for 90 days but I think that applies to strollers, etc. Interesting.

athuyghe

After I posted the info, I emailed Amy (US Peg CSR) about the tether/ARB strap and bar. Here is the response in blue. (I will edit it into the original post)

"The catalog shows what is available in both the United States and Canada. On the page for the anti-rebound bar it should say available in Canada only."
I did not notice the little flags on the pages of the catalog.:eek: SO BUMMED THAT US IS BEHIND ON THE ARB FEATURE!:mad:

"Yes the anti-rebound strap would be similar to the tether, however the anti-rebound strap wraps around the passenger’s seat front bar that the seat slides on."
My question was "Is the anti-rebound strap you mention the same as using the tether (both for rear facing) or are they two different things?" Still not clear on whether it's a separate thing - sounds like the "anti-rebound strap" is just using the original tether to hook to the front seat floor rail rather than the back of the seat tether anchor. (Maybe I should have worded my question differently?) I guess approval for using the strap as ARB is better than none at all???​

Sorry for causing any confusion/issues! Guess I should have waited for answers before posting. :hitselfonhead:

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The anti-rebound strap sounds like a D-ring to attach the tether to. Same thing Britax and Diono use.

Yep. I find when talking with the Peg folks that sometimes things get lost in translation because they are Italian. Even if you're dealing with an American, unless it's an American whose been in the carseat industry for a long time, they're not really going to know the lingo as well and they're "translating" Italian-American, KWIM? I think I'm putting my foot into my mouth by not explaining it very well. :eek: They know what they're talking about, just not how to say it.

athuyghe

So...I finally made the decision to order the Peg Perego Convertible and have some answers if anyone was following:

The seat I received has a manufacture date of 11/15/2013. The anti-rebound strap is the D-ring to attach to the tether. One of the reasons I chose this seat over the NextFit is because it had that. Turns out I can't even use it anyway. It is supposed to be attached to the front seat rail. The way my 2011 Town and Country front seats are made/attached, it doesn't provide an opportunity to use it properly. BUMMER...:thumbsdown: Put the ARB on the US version already!!!

My other complaint is that it was not as easy to install as the NextFit. But then again, I was putting it in a Town and Country captains chair, which is tough to install most convertibles RF in I think. Not to mention, I'm rather anal when it comes to doing installation perfectly.

WHEN WILL SOMEONE FINALLY MAKE THE PERFECT CAR SEAT???!:eek:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Are your Town and Country captain's chairs anything like a 2012 Grand Caravan captain's chairs? Sounds like maybe not as the Peg installed RF with latch was the easiest install I've done with that seat. And super tight as it those seats mushed right down.

YinzerMama

So...I finally made the decision to order the Peg Perego Convertible and have some answers if anyone was following:

The seat I received has a manufacture date of 11/15/2013. The anti-rebound strap is the D-ring to attach to the tether. One of the reasons I chose this seat over the NextFit is because it had that. Turns out I can't even use it anyway. It is supposed to be attached to the front seat rail. The way my 2011 Town and Country front seats are made/attached, it doesn't provide an opportunity to use it properly. BUMMER...:thumbsdown: Put the ARB on the US version already!!!

My other complaint is that it was not as easy to install as the NextFit. But then again, I was putting it in a Town and Country captains chair, which is tough to install most convertibles RF in I think. Not to mention, I'm rather anal when it comes to doing installation perfectly.

WHEN WILL SOMEONE FINALLY MAKE THE PERFECT CAR SEAT???!:eek:

I am pretty sure I have read that Chicco is pretty confident the nextfit will pass canadian rebound standard as it is. I feel like that seat is unfreakingbelievably rock solid in the car rf even without some sort of tether.

Of course it is also incredibly deep which can be a bit of a pain in the bum and I wonder if it will get old at some point for my kid.

So ... yeah. Where is that perfect carseat? lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC