Question 2014 hyundia sonata 3 across

U

Unregistered

Hello, we have bought a 2014 hyundia sonata and must fit 3 across in the back seat. We have a 5 year old forward facing, a 3 who does a combination of forward facing and rear facing, and a 1 year old who will rear face until a minimum of 2 or 3 years. I want to keep my 5 year old in a harness as long as possible. We currently have a true fit, true fit premier, and an evenflo infant bucket. This combo worked across an 06 jeep grand Cherokee. We really enjoy the true fits. I would rather pay more money upfront than buy multiple seats. My childrens safety is more concern than money any day. The rear facing baby will go in the center position. We will most likely do seatbelt installs. The seat will not need to be moved between vehicles. Does anyone have a combination that will work for this car? I've looked at getting 3 diono radian rxts or 2 diono radian rxts and keeping the true fit premier( if it will fit). I've also looked at getting 2 radian rxts and on clek foonf or even 3 clek foonfs ( although my 5 year old would probaly only get 2 years out of the foonf, then we'd be looking again at the radian). What's our best bet? Thanks for all your help!

ADS
U

Unregistered

Original poster here. We bought 2 radians. They "fit" 3 across with the true fit but have not yet been installed. I just cannot get a tight fit. What a difference trying to install the radian compared to the true fit! Is there any reason to get a third radian? Also I'm not understanding the super latch limitation on the radian. Is 80lbs the combined weight of the seat and child or can my child alone weigh 80lbs? I hope to get some replies this time. Thanks!

gagenivy

I don't think the LATCH goes to 80lbs. I thought I read 60? We recently bought 2014 Santa Fe:) I am not a tech so I don't have the answer to your original question, sorry:(
Do you have the fold down cup holder thing in the second row? I didn't you could put a car seat there. That may be why the seat won't tighten?

lgenne

Your Radians were probably manufactured before February, right? There are new regulations in place that only allow the use of lower anchors to a combined weight (child plus restraint) of 65 pounds.

Which seats specifically are you having trouble with? I'm guessing at least one Radian, right? FF or RF? Outboard or center?

U

Unregistered

Op again. I got on radian in ff with seatbelt outboard passenger. I do the put down cup holder in the middle but the car manual does not state that a carseat cannot go there. The is a tether in a three locations. Latch is not availible center. I do believe I need to purchase a third radian or maybe even the foonf to rear face center. I can get both out board ff radians tight with seat belt but then cannot fit the true fit in the middle. Any ideas to make this work?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC