2009 Cadillac CTS convertible carseat

DML

I have a 2009 Cadillac CTS that I have purchased a Radian RXT for. My baby is now 6.5 months and still in the bucket seat (peg perego sip 30/30) but I want to be prepared when we need to make the switch.

Facts:
1. I would like to do ERF.
2. We currently have her base in the centre seat installed with the belt as there's no LATCH in the centre. I find the roof a bit low so now that she's bigger and I don't always take the bucket out it can be a struggle to get her back in. I have been considering moving her to the driver side for convenience but am not yet sold due to the added safety of the centre position
3. I am of average height (5'5") and DH is 5'7"
4. The driver seat moves back (annoyingly) each time I turn off the car presumably to make it easier to get out. I have not figured out how to disable this "feature" so that would make bracing the driver seat impossible
5. As I may make the change before reaching one year, I would like to install without the angle adjuster
6. I'm not sure if this is an issue but I feel like the LATCH connectors are oddly high up on the seat. Not sure if this is an issue

I am concerned that the RXT will not fit as the backseat of the CTS is oddly tight. Has anyone used the RXT in their CTS? Is there a better seat to use? I don't mind getting a different seat (I can give this one to my mom who has an SRX or even better if I can use it in hubby's 2003 Mercedes C240 sedan). Maybe a Foonf?

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hello, and welcome!

Have you tried installing it and are having problems, or you're wondering
about fit before you take it out of the box?

I'd suggest trying it and see what you think. It's not a very common car so I'm not sure there will be much first-hand knowledge. Try installing it, take some pictures from both sides and at various angles, and post for feedback.

sarahlove

I can fit a proride in the middle of a 2003 and it fits between the front seats so I assume your radian would be able to do the same. It can also barely fit behind the driver. A taller seat may interfere and touch the driver.

MorgieBear'sMama

I can fit a proride in the middle of a 2003 and it fits between the front seats so I assume your radian would be able to do the same. It can also barely fit behind the driver. A taller seat may interfere and touch the driver.

A Radian without an angle adjuster takes up much more room than a rear facing pro ride though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC