2007 Pilot, 3 across with Britax seats?

3peasinapilot

Hi All,

I'm brand new to the board and have done some sleuthing around. I need your help.

We have a 2007 Pilot, a 5 year old DD, a 2.5 year old DS and another son due in July.

We have an expired Graco Snugride, so either way it'll be replaced soon.

We have 2 Britax Marathon 70s, 1 Boulevard, 1 Frontier85, 1 Nautilus and 1 Turbo Booster (which is only used in emergency pick-up/drop off situations for our 5 year old).

Here are our issues:
1) I want to keep DD in the second row because I can't hear her in the third row and I want to keep her harnessed until she outgrows the harness. Right now she's in the Nautilus in the pilot. The Frontier is in DH's Subaru. We can easily switch them, but the Frontier has massive pillows on either side that prevents puzzling with the Marathons.

2) DS absolutely can not be rear faced. I have a herniated disk and it exacerbates it and makes it excruciatingly painful trying to wrestle him RF. It's a question of FF or if he's rear faced driving while on pain meds. I'd rather take my chances with him FF.

3) we'd prefer NOT to purchase a new seat for the older kids, but are willing to if necessary.

4) I'm fine purchasing a new infant seat for baby boy, though I've been offered a friend's Snugride that is unexpired and has not been in a wreck. I'm 100% open to either option.

So, given these circumstances, which seats would you recommend and in which positions?

Thank you SO much!

Mom to 3 peas in a pilot

ADS

Mary_Ann

I don't know your car, but I've been able to fit a britax advocate FF next to the britax b-safe (infant seat) in a 2009 Toyota Matrix. It's a tight fit, but they puzzle well. I installed them with seat belts, not latch. The Advocate is on the driver side (didn't fit on passenger side) and of course, the infant seat is in the middle.

Meg

I have a 2013 and can fit a Parkway, FR 90, and BLVD 70 g3 in the second row. There's tons of room for my booster rider to buckle too. I've also done a RA 50 and a RA 55 side by side and I could fit anything easily in the other outboard seat.

I posted pics here, although, I had the Peg in place of the BLVD. The Peg is even wider than the Britax seats and I still I no problems installing all the seats side by side.
http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=2544581&postcount=6

Eta: whoops, I just reread that you want to keep the oldest harnessed. I don't think it will be an issue at all installing side by side a FR, Blvd or MA, and an infant seat.

maramarrie

If you have 18.5" wide Britax seats, it might work. I know you can do 3-across in a later model Pilot. It can be tight on the "60" portion of the split, but I could do 3 regular Britax convertible seats 18.5" wide (no SICT wide seats) in a 2009 Pilot. If the width of your back seat is the same as the 2009+ it might work. A Frontier would probably need to be on the "40" portion of the split because it needs a little more room. I'd try the Nautilus before the Frontier simply because it's narrower than the FR.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC