2007 honda odyssey

CMeMeC

We are currently looking into buying a used van or suv. At the moment it's a 2007 ody touring with 80k miles, 7 passenger. What's a good price? Is this a good choice and what should I know about that particular model with at least 3 kids in car seats. I just want to make a good, educated decision and not be in for a lot of surprises as I've never owned a minivan. Thoughts appreciated!

ADS

CMeMeC

attachedmama said:
What is the trim level? EX? LX? Touring? Condition?

I paid $26k for my 2008 Touring with 32k miles in 2011, for some context.

Touring, 7 passenger, 80k miles. Outside is in great condition, inside is decent, a stain here and there.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
We paid 19 for a 2007LX with leather and DVD players (in 2011) with 60K and strong armed the dealer into new tires as well.

attachedmama

I think $15-$18k would be the right range. Does it have the PAX tires? If so, keep in mind if they ever have to replaced/serviced its expensive and can only be done by Honda.

I think they also recalled a mechanism in the power lift gate, so that should be done.

CMeMeC

Thanks...i have no idea about the tires, but I'll check with my husband when he looks at it and I'll ask about the recall.

CMeMeC

Also, the latch limit is 40lbs, right? And do they all have a center console in the second row? This one doesn't, so u want to make sure it isn't just missing something.

safeinthecar

I like it well enough. I prefer the Quest actually, but I needed the lowest step in height and the ability to convert to wheelchair use down the line.

I'm a Truck/SUV type gal, so I'll never be totally happy with a van, but it's not awful either.

MommyShannon

More than likely it has PAX tires which we hated. It isn't a deal breaker, but an added cost. Search for PAX Odyssey and De-PAX my Odyssey. They do run flat for 50 miles or so, but then you are stuck since only a few select places have equipment to mount a new tire on those rims. They cost A LOT, don't last long, and ride rough. We have a 2006 Touring and they made the steering wheel shake at high speeds. We "de-PAXed" by getting new standard rims and tires and love our van now. It is basically the same as the 2007. We got it just before we had our 3rd child and now we have 4 kids. Ours has 150,000 miles. DH did some major scheduled maintenance around 100,000 miles (belts and stuff) but everything actually still looked great and its been a great van. I love having the console removed and sliding one captains chair over. I also love that all 5 back seats have top tethers. With 3 kids I loved keeping the 40% of the 3rd row stored so we had a flat area to change DD2's diapers or let the kids change out of swim suits at the beach.

attachedmama

More than likely it has PAX tires which we hated. It isn't a deal breaker, but an added cost. Search for PAX Odyssey and De-PAX my Odyssey. They do run flat for 50 miles or so, but then you are stuck since only a few select places have equipment to mount a new tire on those rims. They cost A LOT, don't last long, and ride rough. We have a 2006 Touring and they made the steering wheel shake at high speeds. We "de-PAXed" by getting new standard rims and tires and love our van now. It is basically the same as the 2007. We got it just before we had our 3rd child and now we have 4 kids. Ours has 150,000 miles. DH did some major scheduled maintenance around 100,000 miles (belts and stuff) but everything actually still looked great and its been a great van. I love having the console removed and sliding one captains chair over. I also love that all 5 back seats have top tethers. With 3 kids I loved keeping the 40% of the 3rd row stored so we had a flat area to change DD2's diapers or let the kids change out of swim suits at the beach.

I have my PAX tires in my 08 and *so far* they haven't been a problem, 2 years and 30k in but I know they could be!

I do the same thing- I removed the plus 1 and slid a seat over in front. Makes for a much better install for my daughter's Radian!

I think the 40 lb LATCH limit in Hondas is child weight, not including seat.

safeinthecar

I have my PAX tires in my 08 and *so far* they haven't been a problem, 2 years and 30k in but I know they could be!

I do the same thing- I removed the plus 1 and slid a seat over in front. Makes for a much better install for my daughter's Radian!

I think the 40 lb LATCH limit in Hondas is child weight, not including seat.

I have PAX tires too and just live with it. I do get a slight vibration at high speeds, but considering the steering problems in some of the cars I used to drive (Suburban with a flexing frame, Toranado with a steering wheel that ex-H didn't see the need for a spacer on---dude, you could move the wheel 6 inches in any direction relative to the wheel! This right there is why I learned to fix my own vehicles) it's just not a big deal. it's an annoyance, but it doesn't affect safe driving, so meh. When the tires wear out I'll put standard rims.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC