2006 chevy uplander -- help

Cuzmo21

Hello, first time mom here...
I have a 2006 Chevy Uplander, I am ready to install my infant car seat, however, I am not locating the LATCH/TETHER system in the rear seat. I see just one for a booster, and that's it.. Never thought I'd have kids, and this never was a concern before... I just had my Labrador, (fur baby), but now is a big concern!

I see there are latches on the 2nd row captain chairs, and from the owners manual, but am very uncomfortable about putting the car seat next to the sliding doors, and also the chairs have airbags, so I don't know if that's a good idea or not I've looked everywhere I thought they should be..

Does anyone have an Uplander, or have a suggestion? I have called the dealer and no one has called me back, and also have looked on forums online with no luck. Next step in the state police?
Thank you

ADS

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
There are only lower anchors in the captains chairs. And one additional tether in the middle of the third row, but no anchors. You can use seatbelts to install in the back row, or latch or seatbelt to install in the captains chairs. The side airbags don't affect the rear positions, only the front, and it's perfectly safe to install a car seat there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC