Question 2 Car Seats in a Honda Fit?

U

Unregistered

Looking for help... we've been managing with an infant car seat (Safety 1st Onboard 35) installed in the middle in our 2-door Honda Civic Coupe for the past year. But now that we are expecting our 2nd child in May we are getting ready to finally get a 4-door car. We would like to get a Honda Fit as we live in the city and want reasonable gas mileage. But we went to a dealership today and our current car seat does not fit comfortably behind the seats which it would need to do with 2 seats installed (we are not hugely tall but my husband is 5'-9").. We are figuring that new car seats will be less $$ than a bigger car if we can find something that works.

Could you recommend both a small infant seat (for the new addition) and a convertible seat that would fit in a Fit?? Ideally we would want to keep the convertible seat RF for the first few months with both seats installed if possible to make it to 2 years but I guess that isn't critical as she'll already be 20 mths old. We were looking at the following but it's awkward as we don't want to buy the Fit if we can't find seats for it and don't have the seats now to test out... Our other preference is for something relatively light as we like to travel and would prefer to not lug 2 very heavy seats with us.

Was looking at the following:
Infant: Graco Snugride 22
Bigger kid: Combi Corcorro or Maxi Cosi Pria 70?

But totally open to other suggestions as to what might work in a Fit. Thanks so much for your help!

ADS

nospam

Why not put both in RF Combi Coccoros? Probably cheaper in the short and long run than 1 Coccoro and something like a Cybex Aton for the infant.

gigi

I would try a Britax and a CCO. The Britax takes up less room in my car than the CCO (when it is installed as upright as allowed) but should give you an extra year hopefully of RF room than the Coccoro. The CCO can work for newborns well and takes up way less room than an infant seat.

U

Unregistered

Thank you for the suggestions! I guess my only hesitation on putting the newborn in a Combi Corcorro would be that it seemed really nice when our first baby fell asleep in the car to be able to carry them inside in the bucket and let them continue their nap while we had dinner or whatever.

For the Britax recommendation, is that for a specific model?

Thanks again for the help.

gigi

All the Britax convertibles take up the same amount of space.

Try an Aton for an infant seat. I think that takes up the least amount of room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC