2.5 yo in ss1

xursusmaritimusx

Just for fun I thought I'd see how my daughter was fit in her old SS1.

We stopped using it at 22 months because she was pretty close to the 1" mark.
She was 32" and 27lbs.

Currently she is 35" and 32lbs and she still fits! but barely, it would definitely be time to move to another seat!

If I had known it would take her this long to get to this point I would have kept using the seat as I looooooooooooooove it so much!

Looking at her in these photos you can see how roomy the SS1 really is

excuse the toddler nudity. she doesnt like to wear clothes :)

DSCF7460.jpg

DSCF7462.jpg

DSCF7465.jpg

ADS

abigaylebelle

What a cute little girl! The ss1 is a very long lasting infant seat, my son is over 2 and has yet to move to the top harness slot.

MJHY27

I just moved my 14 month old son out of his safe seat but I put him in it today to see if it could still be used as a back up and he just barely has the required 1" of head room so it looks like we can get a little more use out of it, yea! I also love this seat :)

urchin_grey

Holy crow, I bet my 4yo could still ride in one of those. :ROTFLMAO:

He didn't outgrow his SR22 (by height only) until 2yo.

NannyMom

Sofi outgrew hers by height at 23 months. Looks like it'd be lots of fun to carry your DD in it ;)

APmama2MAK

Hehe I love this seat for that very reason! Its the easiest to install so I use it in friends cars as a backup seat! CuuuUUUte kiddos

xursusmaritimusx

Bug was 33 months when I took these of her in an SS1

oh wow!!!!

i wish they made a seat just like the ss1 that could hold kids even longer.
ive just been so happy with this seat. im hoping that we'll have another baby to put in it, just have to convince the husband lol

oh and NannyMom, I did pick her up in the seat just to see and it was not fun LOL i managed to carry her around, down the hallway etc the weight was okay for a short distance but actually what got in my way was her feet sticking out of the seat hahaha

I think i stopped taking the seat out of the car when she was around a year old.

abigaylebelle

The other day I carried my 26 month old in to an appointment. He was sleeping and frankly I wanted him to keep sleeping. His blanket was on his crossed legs so you couldn't tell what a big kid was in there. People kept looking into the carseat and acting confused. It was so funny but I don't think I'll do it again because it was heavy.

MomE

I just got a new seat for my 16 month old cuz I thought she had outgrown this seat. It must have been the angle I was looking at her with it in the car or the way she was holding her head. I put her in it today and there's actually an inch and half of growing room (two and half inches above her head)! She had a real monster of a growth spurt about 4 weeks ago and it put me on edge that she had outgrown this thing. But it still works!

Yeah! Cuz she's really in love with this seat, and doesn't like her new seat! I think the SS1 is like a comfort object to her or something! :D

I'm pretty shocked about a [more than] 2 year old still fitting into it! That's awesome! I really love this seat!

MomE

i wish they made a seat just like the ss1 that could hold kids even longer.
ive just been so happy with this seat. im hoping that we'll have another baby to put in it, just have to convince the husband lol

Me too! Me too! And what a great idea.... Hmmm.... If I had another baby I could keep this thing around for awhile.... :D

NannyMom

Ok, since I've discovered buckling Sofi shrinks her in a seat, I'll have to try her in BabyS's SS1 on Monday. I know I measured other seats wrong, but with the lip on the top of the SS1, that one's harder for me to mess up ;)

Mama Jo

Not to burst anyone's bubble of excitement, but did you actually pull the cover back and look at the shell? The foam lining the shell of my SS1 actually comes up a little higher than the plastic shell and makes it appear taller, and you can't really tell unless you pull the cover back. My nephew looked like he still fit in the SS1, but when I pulled the cover back, he was clearly too tall. He's 18 months, but has a really long torso.

Currently she is 35" and 32lbs and she still fits! but barely, it would definitely be time to move to another seat!

If I had known it would take her this long to get to this point I would have kept using the seat as I looooooooooooooove it so much!

Also wanted to add for any lurkers, that the weight limit of the SS1 is 30 lbs, so she really wouldn't be able to use this seat even if she fit by height, as she's 2 lbs over the limit. ;)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I love seeing huge kids in the bucket. The mental image of them standin up and walking around like a turtle makes me giggle :p

NannyMom

Also wanted to add for any lurkers, that the weight limit of the SS1 is 30 lbs, so she really wouldn't be able to use this seat even if she fit by height, as she's 2 lbs over the limit. ;)
She could if it was a SR32 :) At least...until she puts on clothes ;)

I love seeing huge kids in the bucket. The mental image of them standin up and walking around like a turtle makes me giggle :p
LMAO!! That's for the mental image :)

DahliaRW

LOL! My 22 mos head is about 2" over the top of the SS1 I got for baby #3! He's too heavy too, but he thinks it's fun to sit in it! (still in the house, haven't installed it yet).

jewlsvern

My DD is 27 months and 23 pounds (fully clothed) and if she was 1 pound lighter she could still fit in her SR22. She would definitely fit in an SS1. I have the SR set aside for DS when he comes and she always wants to sit in "her seat".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC